“Good Deal in Midtown”

Eamonn's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Eamonn's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,567 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Madison & 5th Ave
Transit: Grand Central Terminal is located 1 block from Eamonns. 47-50 Rockefeller Center Subway stop is located 2 blocks South of Eamonns.
Description: Established a few days before to St. Patricks Day 2002. Eamonn's Bar & Grill has proven to be one of the finest eating & drinking establishments in Midtown Manhattan. Named after Eamonn Maher, the pub is an excellent addition to Mr. Maher's family of establishments. Step inside this contemporary and lively Midtown bar & enjoy our easy-going, hospitable atmosphere. Our friendly staff are always ready to serve & entertain from either of our two charming bars. Located literally steps from Grand Central Terminal, Eamonn's is ideal for that important business lunch, a secluded conversation or an after-work get together.
palm springs, ca
“Good Deal in Midtown”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This friendly pub has an American pub type menu at reasonable prices for Manhattan. We had an appetizer and two burgers plus several drinks each and got out for about $100. The price would have been much less if we limited ourselves to a drink each, but we were on vacation.

We went on a Sunday night in July and the place was not busy, but not empty either. I suspect that Eamonn's would definitely be more crowded at lunch at at dinner on a weekday evening

• Visited July 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Quaint and Friendly Irish Grill”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

In the sea of Irish Pubs in Manhattan, Eamonn's stands out as a cozy little place to get a good bite of food and enjoy friendly service. We arrived to the city after 6pm, having skipped lunch and after a long flight from Phoenix... we were starving! Within a block of our hotel (The Roosevelt) we stepped into Eamonn's simply because it was the closest thing we saw. We were seated near the back of the small but cozy restaurant and were pleasantly surprised at the immediate, and friendly service we received. Our food came quickly, and was hot and very good! My wife had the Shepard's pie, and commented that it was as good as she has had... even in the UK. I had the Eamonn's Burger, and it came cooked exactly as I had asked. We sat for a while and relaxed, and all the time the staff was very accommodating and fun. Great place for a good meal and friendly service.

• Visited June 2013
“Prejudice!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

On a trip to New York to celebrate my mothers birthday, it was our last night and there were six of us. We decided to go to Eamons for dinner as it was close to our hotel and appeared to be a good place to eat. Upon entering the pub I noticed the atmosphere was extremely dark to the point you couldn't read the menu. The waitress was quite snobby. She showed us to our table, gave us menus, and took our order and we never saw her again. After that a man, who appeared to be the manager took over serving us.

I ordered a sirloin burger and I was not given any condiments for the burger. My two cousins ordered the meal which was three course for $23 (keep this in mind). Three of the orders came with poatatos, two mashed and one baked (my one cousin had to remind our server that she was supposed to get a baked potato with her meal because she didn't get it), no butter served with any of the potatos. The coffee that my other cousin got she was told by the manager that he didn't know how old the coffee was. When we received our receipt we noticed that one of the meals ($23 one) was missing and there was a $33 gratuity charge (tip) on the receipt. In my line of work (security and investigations) it would be my assessment that it would appear that the gratuity (tip) was the meal they didn't put on the receipt. In other words the money that should have been paid for one of the meals was going into the servers pockets instead of the business itself! Not to mention, for the type of establishment they are (not high class restaurant), they should not be dictating how much a customer should be tipping them, that would/should be up to the customer thank you!

When we questioned them on the receipt we were given a strange explanation and given the run around. When the manager walked away, we heard him state to other staff and loud enough for other patrons to here, "we have Canadians here" in quite a sarcastic manner. I may be Canadian but I am also of Irish nationality as well and this was an Irish pub. I'm also very proud to be a Canadian and if anything, being Canadian means were not stupid and we clearly know how people should treated. This is the first time in my life that I've been referred to in a prejudice manner.

Needless to say we were all insulted by the bahaviour, lack of professionalism, and the way they conduct their business is very alarming and I strongly believe that the Better Business Bureau needs to investigate this place. I strongly suggest others to dine else where (McGees and Hurleys were excellant). Stay clear of this establishment.

In case Eamons reads this review, the day I'm referring to is June 16, 2013.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto
“Really fun night”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

8 women celebrating a milestone birthday descended on Eamonn's late on a quiet Sunday night. The food and the service was amazing - they accommodated our music requests and while not a dance spot - they let us dance up a storm - fantastic night!

• Visited May 2013
England UK
“Great find”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hubby wanted to have lunch in an Irish place while sitting at the bar and that's just what we did. Staff very good, food very good, glasses kept magically refilling :-) great way to waste a couple of hours while the feet recover from pounding the streets of NYC.

It's not a place for a romantic dinner or a special occasion.

• Visited March 2013