“Prejudice!”

Eamonn's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Eamonn's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,536 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Madison & 5th Ave
Transit: Grand Central Terminal is located 1 block from Eamonns. 47-50 Rockefeller Center Subway stop is located 2 blocks South of Eamonns.
Description: Established a few days before to St. Patricks Day 2002. Eamonn's Bar & Grill has proven to be one of the finest eating & drinking establishments in Midtown Manhattan. Named after Eamonn Maher, the pub is an excellent addition to Mr. Maher's family of establishments. Step inside this contemporary and lively Midtown bar & enjoy our easy-going, hospitable atmosphere. Our friendly staff are always ready to serve & entertain from either of our two charming bars. Located literally steps from Grand Central Terminal, Eamonn's is ideal for that important business lunch, a secluded conversation or an after-work get together.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

On a trip to New York to celebrate my mothers birthday, it was our last night and there were six of us. We decided to go to Eamons for dinner as it was close to our hotel and appeared to be a good place to eat. Upon entering the pub I noticed the atmosphere was extremely dark to the point you couldn't read the menu. The waitress was quite snobby. She showed us to our table, gave us menus, and took our order and we never saw her again. After that a man, who appeared to be the manager took over serving us.

I ordered a sirloin burger and I was not given any condiments for the burger. My two cousins ordered the meal which was three course for $23 (keep this in mind). Three of the orders came with poatatos, two mashed and one baked (my one cousin had to remind our server that she was supposed to get a baked potato with her meal because she didn't get it), no butter served with any of the potatos. The coffee that my other cousin got she was told by the manager that he didn't know how old the coffee was. When we received our receipt we noticed that one of the meals ($23 one) was missing and there was a $33 gratuity charge (tip) on the receipt. In my line of work (security and investigations) it would be my assessment that it would appear that the gratuity (tip) was the meal they didn't put on the receipt. In other words the money that should have been paid for one of the meals was going into the servers pockets instead of the business itself! Not to mention, for the type of establishment they are (not high class restaurant), they should not be dictating how much a customer should be tipping them, that would/should be up to the customer thank you!

When we questioned them on the receipt we were given a strange explanation and given the run around. When the manager walked away, we heard him state to other staff and loud enough for other patrons to here, "we have Canadians here" in quite a sarcastic manner. I may be Canadian but I am also of Irish nationality as well and this was an Irish pub. I'm also very proud to be a Canadian and if anything, being Canadian means were not stupid and we clearly know how people should treated. This is the first time in my life that I've been referred to in a prejudice manner.

Needless to say we were all insulted by the bahaviour, lack of professionalism, and the way they conduct their business is very alarming and I strongly believe that the Better Business Bureau needs to investigate this place. I strongly suggest others to dine else where (McGees and Hurleys were excellant). Stay clear of this establishment.

In case Eamons reads this review, the day I'm referring to is June 16, 2013.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

8 women celebrating a milestone birthday descended on Eamonn's late on a quiet Sunday night. The food and the service was amazing - they accommodated our music requests and while not a dance spot - they let us dance up a storm - fantastic night!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hubby wanted to have lunch in an Irish place while sitting at the bar and that's just what we did. Staff very good, food very good, glasses kept magically refilling :-) great way to waste a couple of hours while the feet recover from pounding the streets of NYC.

It's not a place for a romantic dinner or a special occasion.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were in NYC just before St. Patrick's Day and we were staying in an area that had numerous Irish pubs and restaurants. I'm so glad we ended up with this one! Eamonns was excellent! The service was simply outstanding and the food was fabulous. We had fish & chips - one of the best I've ever had. I would definitely eat here again and would highly recommend Eamonn's. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

After a busy morning exploring 5th avenue we were looking for a reasonably priced place to eat lunch and stumbled upon Eamonns. I am usually a bit sceptic about themed pubs but what a surprise. The staff were very friendly and the food was excellent.
The place felt homely and if it were not for the fact we had to catch a plane home could have stayed there a lot longer. It's just a shame we only discovered the place on our last day.
We are going back to NY to see some more of the many things we missed this time but we will definitely go back to Eamonns as it is good quality reasonably priced fare. Just what you need after a busy few hours of shopping!