“Great after Theatre Dinner”
Review of Azalea

Azalea
Reserve with OpenTable
Azalea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Corporate
Roseland, New Jersey
“Great after Theatre Dinner”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We were extremely pleased with our dinner after a Sunday afternoon show. The pear soufflé was creative and delicious and the Bronzino was perfectly prepared. Caramel apple dessert, wine and Scotch completed an excellent meal!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank JerryCarol

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Little Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick bite before going to the theater. What a great place! We liked it so much we came back the next day for a more leisurely lunch. Great wine list, great food. We had special pasta requests that they easily accommodated. A refreshing change from the typical fast food- oriented restaurants around Times Square.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Stanley G
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Gluten-free/ Amazing service!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I can't even begin to describe how fabulous this restaurant is! My husband and I just got out of the Wicked Broadway show and we wanted to dine close to the theater and found this gem right around the corner... It is sometimes tough finding a restaurant to accommodate both regular and gluten free options, but Azalea did. They were able to change any of the pasta dishes on the menu to gluten free- I had the fettuccine with bolognese sauce, which was probably the best fettuccine I've ever had.

To top it all off, this place is every romantic with an intimate setting and they treated us like royalty! I really felt like I was being taken care of, and the service really couldn't have been better.

Regardless if you are in Times Square seeing a show or not, when you're in NY you should definitely make a trip to Azalea!!

1 Thank Laura H
Miami Beach, Florida
“Absolute Excellence!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food and the service were exceptional. From the moment myself and my family arrived we were warmly greeted and everyone is very accommodating.

The food presentation is wonderful and exciting. I am a person who does review many places and I have to say Azalea is a "must go eat" ! I would recommend it over and over again, to my coworkers, family and friends. All the food is prepared fresh and authentic. I see their dedication to making all their customers happy and more than satisfied is top notch. The food and atmosphere is outstanding! I truly look forward to returning for Dinner again with my family .

Lori B New York, NY

1 Thank Manny B
Purcellville, Virginia
“Boring Food”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our hotel suggested reservations at Azalea on 51st Street, NYC prior to attend a Broadway show. We arrived and my wife ordered a medium rare Filet Mignon and I had the Gluten Free version of the Veal Scaloppine. The Filet tasted as if there was no seasoning and was prepared Rare instead of Medium. It was basically an under cooked steak with no flavor and she left half of it for the trash. The Veal Scaloppine was boring at well with no taste. I ordered iced tea which arrived in a very small glass and had several refills. Upon receiving the bill noticed I was charged $10.50 for the tea; that's $3.50 each for a very, very small glass. Nobody asked if the food was good or prepared properly until the check arrived. Boring food and overpriced. Never again.