“Very competent execution”
Review of Azalea

Azalea
Reserve with OpenTable
Azalea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #422 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Corporate
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The menu here is authentic Italian in the finest sense of that word. No fusion here! Lots of veal and fish in the main courses, and of course some chicken and seafood. Good wine list.

Elegant decor. Not too noisy despite being 110% full. Superb service, attentive and effective.

If I had to do it again, I'd skip "Wicked" and just have a much more relaxed dinner. This resto is a better show than Wicked.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had a business dinner here. Restaurant is near Times Square. I speak Italian, and it was nice to see a place where the host is actually Italian, tho' our waiter could not speak a word. My main dish was outstanding, with a true Italian red sauce. Best i have had in a while. My dinner guest had a seafood ravioli. Mine was a much better dish. Caesar salad was just ok. I capped my meal with a glass of Lemoncello, which was best i have had in Manhattan.

3  Thank Mary V
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here with a friend before seeing Wicked for a couple beers. Really classy place. The bartender was super nice and recommended us some excellent beer.

3  Thank Austin K
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went here because we were going to Wicked which was right next door. We also saw the positive reviews and decided to try it. When ordering from the price fixe menu, portions are very small. I got the ravioli, which tasted good, but was very small portion. The wives got the chicken dish and it was ok. The other husband ordered a filet mignon off the regular menu and said it was one of the best he had ever had. And it was a sizable portion. If I go back, I'll order off the regular menu. The service staff was excellent also.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Tried this restaurant during our recent trip to NYC and was looking for a nice Italian meal close to the Hotel we were staying in. Found this place Near the Theatre district and it turned out not to be the best we have visited in the States. Food was just OK and the Pork Chop that one of our guests had, turned out to be a little on the chewy side. Overcooked was my thought. It was mentioned to the server but nothing became of our complaint. To finish the meal my wife asked for Vecchia Romagna an Italian Brandy and we were met with blank looks. Not really good enough. All in it was a disappointing dining experience.