“Great for a Pre-Theatre Dinner”
Review of Le Rivage

Le Rivage
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Rivage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #464 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
Description: Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.
Florida
“Great for a Pre-Theatre Dinner”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were looking for a French restaurant and discovered Le Rivage. The location is perfect for a pre-theatre dinner. Prices were great - prix fixe for less than $40 included appetizer; entree; dessert and coffee. Service was very good; the decor was delightful and the menu had a very wide selections of options from which to choose. But best of all was the excellent food. Tables are close together so it may not be for everyone. We however liked it very much and are will be back.

Kingston, Canada
“Quite a Surprise !”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Didn't know you could get such a great meal in NYC for $25.00.
I love duck and this was the best I've had in 30 years ! We had a group of 11 and everyone loved their meals. I thought this place might be a tourist trap, but it was far from it.
As a native New Yorker, I wish someone had told me about this restaurant a long time ago..
I hope to be back soon.

Livingston, Montana
“Great food.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Authenitic French ambiance. Polish servers. Prix fixe lunch a real value. Owners have esablished a reputation. Must reserve in advance on performance days. They serve sweetbreads, hard to get anywhere else I would trust.

Visited November 2012
Lewisville, Texas
“Disappointed -very average food & service - but inexpensive”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I chose this French, price fixe restaurant for one of our three NY dinners based on TA positive reviews. Perhaps it was a matter of expectations (we wanted a "gourmet" French meal), but we were both quite disappointed. On the plus side, the cost was $25.00 for an starter, entree and dessert (we didn't know this in advance - it would have been a "warning sign"); the choices were also quite extensive. Unfortunately, IMHO, the quality of all of our choices was average, at best. Also, the service was inattentive and disinterested.

It was almost as if you went to a French person's home who was an average cook - and was in a distracted mood the whole evening. What really bothered us was the stale (?day old bread) and the poor quality dessert pastries. Many of the positive reviews seem to be for lunch - I suppose this is a "lunch quality" place - but is in no way a high quality, fine French restaurant. It is country kitchen type of place - based on the food, price and service.

Detroit, Michigan
“Per-theater dinner”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a cute restaurant with excellent food and service located within walking distance of most shows. The prix fixe dinner had a variety of choices. We arrived still full from a large lunch and pastries in little Italy and didn't realize that it was only a prix fixe meal at that time. I do think you can order ala carte later in the evening. That being said, dinner and wine were VERY affordable! The only thing I didn't like was that the tables were packed together SO close, so there wasn't a lot of privacy or intimacy that I usually want with a nice dinner out. The maitre d' literally had to pull the table away from the wall for me (and those on either sides of us) to get in and out bc there was no room between tables. That being said, we would still recommend le rivage as a delicious per-theater stop!