“Pricey pas mal food -bad service”

LA Rivista Palatine Restaurant
Ranked #3,878 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between eight and nith ave.
Transit: ace to port authority
Reviewed November 1, 2013

There was a piano....and a very old man wanna by player..with his old-about 90 years old- company singing....1940-60's hits!!!
The food OK but very pricey and the service was terrible. One of the waiters was ready to sleep...and the main waiter put the gratuity of 20% by himself at the bill.When asked the manager why such a high tip he told us "you put that"...At the end the manager told us that it was not permitted the waiter to put the tip on the bill ..."but you know... when tourists...we put the tip...."
So that ...not go there where no respect of tourist....but welcomed a self defined tip of 20%....

There are newer reviews for LA Rivista Palatine Restaurant

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Going to a play we decided to try out this restaurant. We both had soup which was salty but tasty. My wife had the pork chop which she liked. I had the swordfish which was dry. The menu had no surprises for a typical Italian. I will not go back. Plenty of others that are better.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were told to try this restaurant out by a friend that has gone to this restaurant for years. He said you will love it. We like Italian restaurants and I would have to say that this place would be one of our most memorable restaurants to have been at. The host was absolutely magnificent and most gracious. Kept coming back to our table to make sure everything was just right with our meal. We started off with a few different appetizers that were brought to our table and had an Italian bottle of wine that the owner recommended to us, base on our telling him what we usually like that was american wine. The wine was he picked was great. They also had Romano cheese brought to the table and we would dip it in balsamic vinegar on a small plate....mmmmmm, I could not stop eating the cheese with the wine, OMG. Then the Lasagna we had was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoys Italian food or even just a nice romantic night out. They treat you like royalty here.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I came here by chance for our 10th anniversary. What a mistake! The food was okay at best(very pricey) and the service was terrible. We only saw our waiter once. Do yourself a favor. Go somewhere else as there are plenty of places to go.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My friend and I decided to try this restaurant on Restaurant Row in NYC prior to our theater matinee last week. What a mistake! The service wasn't just poor - it was non-existent! We never saw our waiter until the end of the meal when he presented us with our bill!! A busboy finally gave us a menu after letting us sit there for half an hour. He also took our order and brought us our food - finally - after we waited an hour! The soup was way too salty. The rest of the meal was fair, but not great. The place was extremely noisy. They were obviously very understaffed and unprepared for the crowd they got. Never again!!

2  Thank Barbara K