“Overcooked fish”

La Rivista Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Rivista Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,518 of 14,798 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between eight and nith ave.
Transit: ace to port authority
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Going to a play we decided to try out this restaurant. We both had soup which was salty but tasty. My wife had the pork chop which she liked. I had the swordfish which was dry. The menu had no surprises for a typical Italian. I will not go back. Plenty of others that are better.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were told to try this restaurant out by a friend that has gone to this restaurant for years. He said you will love it. We like Italian restaurants and I would have to say that this place would be one of our most memorable restaurants to have been at. The host was absolutely magnificent and most gracious. Kept coming back to our table to make sure everything was just right with our meal. We started off with a few different appetizers that were brought to our table and had an Italian bottle of wine that the owner recommended to us, base on our telling him what we usually like that was american wine. The wine was he picked was great. They also had Romano cheese brought to the table and we would dip it in balsamic vinegar on a small plate....mmmmmm, I could not stop eating the cheese with the wine, OMG. Then the Lasagna we had was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoys Italian food or even just a nice romantic night out. They treat you like royalty here.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I came here by chance for our 10th anniversary. What a mistake! The food was okay at best(very pricey) and the service was terrible. We only saw our waiter once. Do yourself a favor. Go somewhere else as there are plenty of places to go.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My friend and I decided to try this restaurant on Restaurant Row in NYC prior to our theater matinee last week. What a mistake! The service wasn't just poor - it was non-existent! We never saw our waiter until the end of the meal when he presented us with our bill!! A busboy finally gave us a menu after letting us sit there for half an hour. He also took our order and brought us our food - finally - after we waited an hour! The soup was way too salty. The rest of the meal was fair, but not great. The place was extremely noisy. They were obviously very understaffed and unprepared for the crowd they got. Never again!!

2  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went here for a birthday dinner with a dear friend. It seemed like the perfect place to have a long, quiet dinner.

When we arrived, it seems like the maitre d' took an immediate dislike for us. We felt it from the beginning. We were asked if we wanted a drink and I said we'd like to see a wine list. He finally brought us a wine list after our entrees arrived and then seemed shocked when I said, "Not now."

The food was good but the way we were treated from the beginning left a bad taste in my mouth.

There was a piano player. It was too loud. And he seemed to think I should tip him as we left.

As I looked around at the other diners, they appeared to be treated ok. They got a wine list when they were seated and their wine came before or at least with their food.

I won't be going here again and can't recommend it.

3  Thank NYMartNY