“Totally entertaining!!”

Ellen's Stardust Diner
Ranked #309 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Riverside, California
“Totally entertaining!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The menu is full of just, plain homey good food with great portion size (think about sharing). During the meal you are entertained by the waiters and waitresses, all of whom are good-to-great singers with the right touch of drama, comedy, chic, or ?? required by the music. Any flaw in the food is more than made up for by the entertainment..

Visited October 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“All about the singing (not the food)”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Came here for breakfast with two 16 year old girls, both into dance and drama, and it was the highlight of their trip to New York. It was really unexpected which probably made for a better experience, I'd recommend coming here as part of any trip to NYC.
The atmosphere was fantastic, the decor very authentic but unfortunately the breakfast wasn't that great (hence the four stars). But well worth it for the amazing singing voices, talent in abundance, and the fun atmosphere.
We came the day after my birthday, so didn't get the full birthday singing treatment which being British and easily embarrassed was a good thing! Just a shame the kitchen staff didn't have as much talent as the waiting staff.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Great Evening”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a pre show meal here and had been told mainly by new Yorkers to avoid it . So glad we didnt because it was really good.
The food was lovely and there was plenty of it , we couldnt manage all the pudding there was that much
Yes it was crowded but that just added to the atmosphere it didnt affect the service.
The best thing was the staff entertaining us with Broadway songs. We loved every minute of it and would definitely go again.

“Double Charged!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We ate here over a month ago. The food was average and the the singing was all slow boring songs that put you to sleep. That aside the real problem here is they double charged me and refuse to reimburse me!

After our meal was finished i tried to pay using a Mastercard credit card. The waitress came back and said it had declined. I thought this was odd as we have been traveling the world and not had any issues previously. I simply shrugged it off, paid in cash and the waitress handed me the declined receipts. Checking my statements a few weeks later i noticed that the transaction had gone through and they had charged to my credit card WITHOUT AN AUTHORISED SIGNATURE.

I rang the restaurant and spoke to the manager who simply assured me that the transaction would not be posted as it had not been authorised by a signature. Two weeks past and the transaction is still there. I ring again and the manager then tells me that i will have to ring during office hours to be put through to the accounts team. The following week i ring in office hours and the manager does not put me through to the accounts team. He then tells me i should wait for the paper statements from my bank just to make sure. I am not sure what century he lives in but who gets paper statements these days? Clearly this was just another attempt to get me off the phone and not help resolve the issue. He again assures me that the "accounts team" will look for my authorised signature and if it is not present I will be refunded.

I have not yet been refunded and now have to wait till i return home after a four month trip to go to my bank and get my money back. Absolutely ridiculous and where I am from this would not be acceptable!

2 Thank carteruk7
Burlington, New Jersey
“Right next the Iridium, and a blast.”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The server sing and dance around and you get a great show for the price of your meal in NYC. NYC is a little pricey everywhere, but the prices here were reasonable. The staff is very nice and accommodating. Not to mention talented. A MUST SEE.

Visited October 2013