“Authentic, great food and service”
Review of Soba Nippon

Soba Nippon
Ranked #3,213 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: E train to 5th Avenue/53rd Street.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

If you like Japanese noodle dishes, here is the place for you. At least half of the patrons were Japanese and looked very content with their dinners. Family run with a friendly atmosphere and interesting decor. New York prices but after all, it is in New York.

1  Thank Jodad

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Every dish in the menu will surprise you. A perfect and unusual balance of flavours. Meat, fish, vegetables and sauces perfectly cooked, combined and served. Service is warm, discreet and really quick. Very simple setting, but absolutely flawless.

1  Thank magillagodzilla
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My daughter and I stopped in because we knew we could get an authentic noodle dish in NY. I had read many positive reviews. We have traveled to Asia and had many noodles and Japanese dishes.
I ordered the hot buckwheat noodles with mountain vegetables and my daughter ordered the BW noodles with chicken.
Mine was not so good. Ver short on noodles and very few vegetables. My daughters was better with more than half a many noodles and filled full of chicken.
Make sure you have plenty of time when you go because they take their time on the service for sure.
I will return to try another dish as I think they were having an off night.

1  Thank cinnamongirl2
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had the sushi which was fresh. I wish I read all the reviews before I went as I would have definitely tried the noodles. The service was very good. The menu has a limited amount of options but that is fine, as I am not very adventurous.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

we had a nice meal here, it was full of Japanse which is always a good sign, the only downside was the menu was a little confusing and the waitress's English not that good so the orders turned out a bit different than we expected but they were helpful in remedying it.