“Grumpy staff, mediocre food.”
Review of Robert Emmett's - CLOSED

Robert Emmett's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We went here for breakfast as it was just across from our hotel.

We sat upstairs.

My husband ordered the steel cut oats, I got the almond oatmeal, our son got the Belgian waffle.

Our food was very slow to come which gave us plenty of time to listen to the servers at the bar 5 feet from us complain about how cheap their tables were and the "B****" who didn't tip at such and such a table (our 5 year old loved hearing that word).

Upon arrival, the food wasn't great. The raspberries on my oatmeal were moldy and my husband said the coffee was disgusting.

The waitress rarely came by and when she did it was only to overfill my husbands coffee, spilling it on the table and never saying sorry or cleaning it up.

We used the toilet as well which was grosser than the ones in subway stations.

One waitress used the bathroom and didnt wash her hands after.

Will never eat here again. Go anywhere else.

2  Thank Hspearmano

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a good restaurant and was well priced for an upscale meal.
They served a nice variety of foods which pleased my family of four. Great location if you are planning to catch a show on Broadway. We ate at 7:30 and just missed the preshow dinner crowds. Service was excellent.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Called into bar on a number of occasions during our recent stay, right next door to our hotel, Milford. Very welcoming and friendly, John and Tracey magnificent hosts. Drinks reasonably priced and wonderful bar menu. Try the wings and Shepherds pie, remember to bring a big appetite.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I only had two nights in New York, on my own, before jetting off to Vegas for a friend's wedding. Was daunting venturing into a bar just round the corner from Times Square and Broadway on my own, but I ended up spending both nights in this bar. The staff were really friendly and the customers were really welcoming too. Considering it was literally a few minutes walk from the heart of New York, the beer wasn't too pricey either. Great place to have a drink and a laugh with real New Yorkers. This bar is now my 'local' in New York. Will pop in again for a beer next time I'm in NYC without doubt.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

On our first full day in NYC we stopped at Robert Emmett's for a glass of wine. And that is how a beautiful friendship began. Ben from Phoenix was bar tending and suggested we visit the Tenement Museum, which we did the following day, a great adventure. My wife had a delicious Yellow Tail Shiraz, with a full pour. Ben was friendly, informative and a great introduction to NYC.

Since it was close to a theater we had tickets for, we decided on dinner at Emmett's. The second floor dining room has floor to ceiling glass windows with a view of 8th Ave and 44th Street. A perfect place for dinner, which was great and not overly expensive.

Even though Emmett's is a few blocks from our apartment we have been back on two other occasions. The second time Slavka from Slovakia was bar tending and the third time Mike from Maine was our bartender. Each of them wonderful to talk with.

So if you want your own personal, neighborhood bar for good drinks, food and conversation head for Robert Emmett's and start talking.