“Bar man too busy”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Popped into this bar for a quick drink before our show began. The bar man was very disinterested and I felt I was disturbing his day just by asking to pay. The only attention he did pay to anybody was to three men who appeared to be regulars.

1  Thank julie1963

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Large food portions, food was average in taste, although, nice wait staff and near off Broadway, Egyptian waiter was nice to talk as well.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Thought it was closed it was that quiet usual selection of drinks served by a bored lone member of staff

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were in the city with our kids to see ELF and ended up eating here because it was the only place that didn't have a line for dinner.. My husband even said, "There's a reason this place is empty" and so there was.... The bread that came out was bland and yucky - again, should have been another clue of things to come... I ordered the tilapia and it had no flavor and some bites even had a funky taste. My daughter ordered the linguine with butter and honestly - how can you screw that up? I don't know either, but they managed to - I'm guessing maybe the butter was rancid? My husband ordered the steak sandwich and I am pretty sure it was not steak. It was like chewing on old leather... The service was fine, can't really complain about that, altho non-descript would probably be better.. The location is awesome, we got a window seat, which was great for our kids to people watch, but that is definitely the highlight in this place. I would suggest to find another place to eat until they get a new chef.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Got a lovely table overlooking 8th and 44th. Ordered the beef Wellington--what a nightmare. They fried up some onions in oil, threw in a few sliced mushrooms, and called it "duxelles" on the menu. The puff pastry was wrapped around the beef like a wall, with both top and bottom exposed. I have no idea what scrap of beef was used, but sure as heck wasn't filet -- almost too tough to chew. The veggies were frozen broccoli and cauliflower, and flavorless mashed potatoes. All this for $30. Blech, my mouth tastes terrible 15 minutes later. Where's Gordon Ramsey when you need him?