“Quiet dark and disinterested!”
Review of Robert Emmett's - CLOSED

Robert Emmett's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Brighton, UK
“Quiet dark and disinterested!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Thought it was closed it was that quiet usual selection of drinks served by a bored lone member of staff

Visited December 2012

New York
“Much better places to eat”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were in the city with our kids to see ELF and ended up eating here because it was the only place that didn't have a line for dinner.. My husband even said, "There's a reason this place is empty" and so there was.... The bread that came out was bland and yucky - again, should have been another clue of things to come... I ordered the tilapia and it had no flavor and some bites even had a funky taste. My daughter ordered the linguine with butter and honestly - how can you screw that up? I don't know either, but they managed to - I'm guessing maybe the butter was rancid? My husband ordered the steak sandwich and I am pretty sure it was not steak. It was like chewing on old leather... The service was fine, can't really complain about that, altho non-descript would probably be better.. The location is awesome, we got a window seat, which was great for our kids to people watch, but that is definitely the highlight in this place. I would suggest to find another place to eat until they get a new chef.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful table, terrible food”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Got a lovely table overlooking 8th and 44th. Ordered the beef Wellington--what a nightmare. They fried up some onions in oil, threw in a few sliced mushrooms, and called it "duxelles" on the menu. The puff pastry was wrapped around the beef like a wall, with both top and bottom exposed. I have no idea what scrap of beef was used, but sure as heck wasn't filet -- almost too tough to chew. The veggies were frozen broccoli and cauliflower, and flavorless mashed potatoes. All this for $30. Blech, my mouth tastes terrible 15 minutes later. Where's Gordon Ramsey when you need him?

Niskayuna
“Not bad, not bad at all! Good experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had the lobster ravioli which was a very reasonable $18 and the tilapia. Both were lovely dishes that came with hot bread. My only pet peeve is that the butter was cold and hard...I hate when the butter isn't softened. Prices were reasonable and the table was nice. Server did a great job. The bathrooms downstairs were somewhat scary.

• Visited October 2012
Willimantic, Connecticut
“Great Place to Eat in NYC!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to Emmett's on a whim and the Service was exceptional
& the food very good as well. The atmosphere was nice and upscale but
the price was not too bad like some places in the city. We ate lite but what we had was good " Soup & Salad". Rolls nice & warm.
We are returning again in November when we return to see "Rock of Ages"
with a group of 8. Again, the staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Visited September 2012