“Irish Pub”

Connolly's Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Connolly's Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway & 6 th Ave
Transit: Subway Times Square 1 2 3 N R W A C 7 S Rockerfeller 47th/Bryant Park: B D M F Grand Central 4 5 6 & Metro North
Description: A family-owned and operated pub & restaurant.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Quaint atmosphere in the bar in the basement. The hamburger and fries were good. The shepherds pie was okay. Service was okay. Good music but not Irish or live. It appeared that most people in the bar were Irish, not Irish American. Would recommend for a drink and burger.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I ordered a coke. They brought me Pepsi. Also, I came here because tripadvisor said it was cheap but I found it very expensive.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've been here several times for drinks, and I'd rate this a 3.5-star to 4-star bar. It has the cozy, lived-in ambiance you expect from an Irish bar, and it always seems to have people in a good mood enjoying beer and good company. The bar in the lower level seems a nice place to take a break during a hectic day in midtown. (In fact, we first stumbled in needing a break after several hours in MOMA across the street.)

On my last visit, I ate in the restaurant upstairs, and it wasn't the experience it should be. Service was okay, but the servers seemed a bit more interested in visiting with each other than paying attention to customers. The food was average. My friend and I both had the fish and chips, and we both thought they were simply average.

I'll visit again to enjoy a pint, but I can skip the food at Connolly's.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great beer selection. They had Chimay on tap among others. Really nice staff, didn't have to wait forever to get a round.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staff were rude and service was very slow. Food was very basic. Went to see the Wolf tones there St Patricks day and it was so over crowded we had to watch them on TV, left early as there was only one toilet for this large crowd. Felt very unsafe as it was 3 flight up a narrow stairs and way too many people were left in.