“Steak was good...”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 48th Street
Transit: C, E Subway to 50th Street at 8th AV, 1 Subway to 50th Street at Broadway, and N, R, W to 49th Street and 7th AVENUE.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had a dinner with a business partner in this small restaurant. Thought that the food was fine, steak being better part of it. Server recommended some Brazilian beer but that was not something to my taste. Service was fast, maybe due to restaurant being busy a little inattentive (we had twice wrong orders delivered to our table). An OK restaurant, if you are in this part of town and want something like what they offer.

There are newer reviews for Brazil Grill

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Disappointing food: the feijoada I ordered was bland and lacked that smoky, meaty lusciousness that you would expect from this traditional comfort dish. My companion ordered a picanha medium but it came out of the kitchen a rubbery well-done instead.

Worse than the food was the poor service quality. Our waiter disappeared for long stretches of time, never asked us if our dishes were satisfactory, and failed to refill (or even inquire about refilling) our soft drinks. And the restaurant was not busy that night, so no excuses there.

In a city where good eats are ubiquitous, the lack of quality in both product and service at the Brazil Grill is astonishing.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

After reading some of the reviews about this restaurant, we were hesitant to eat here, however, we used our restaurant voucher and took a chance. They have live music, which is always nice and the wine was amazing. The food was actually delicious. The steak was a little rubbery, but the black beans and rice, french fries, and bread were so tasty! We ordered the Brazilian traditional dish. Our server told us which dishes were worth eating, which was helpful since the reviews on TripAdvisor suggest that the food can be hit or miss. He basically said there were about 10 dishes that are worth trying. Luckily, we chose a "hit" dish.

The negatives I would say, is the seating arrangement of the restaurant. Most tables for 2 or 3 people are near the door, which is constantly opening, and regardless of what the hostess tells you, you WILL be cold and you WILL feel the winter breeze each time the door opens.

They have an all you can eat buffet on the lower level, however the ambiance is not really good and the buffet doesn't look appetizing. The food looked as though it had been sitting out for hours and there wasn't much choice. Also, they must have a limited amount of servers. Our server tried to be as attentive as possible, but he was covering several large tables and there were larges amounts of time that we had to wait to order, or get a new glass of water. Order wine: this will help you be patient as you wait. ;-)

This is a good spot if you want to enjoy a random night in the Hells Kitchen area.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am not sure why several others are posting negative things about this restaurant, but I had a delightful meal before going to the theater last week.

I ordered the Picanha Na Chapa as I am familiar with this dish in Miami restaurants; it was outstanding. I had to order the couvee and theirs was a surprise because it is made with collard greens cut in long thin strips (like fettuccine) and tossed with roasted garlic cloves. I could have eaten ten orders of the couvee. Of course, I had to have a traditional cocktail, I opted for a caipiroska because I don't like the taste of cachaca. (It's madew with vodka instead)

I sat at the bar, it was Halloween night, so it was interesting to chat with the bartender and watch all of the costumes floating by the windows. I loved my dining experience and I will certainly go back and try some other items on future visits to the City.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

On Oct. 27th we were on our way to a restaurant recommended by our hotel, when we passed the Brazil Grill. Since My wife and I had spent a lot of time in Brazil, and loved the country, we decided to eat there. Mistake! The dishes we ordered we were familiar with from our time in Brazil. However, both meals were awful. Worse, the service was almost non existent. This is a large restaurant, and there were only 1 or 2 other tables occupied and at least 4or 5 staff in sight. Yet after taking and delivering our order we got no further attention. There were 3 staff sitting across the room and talking the whole time we were there.