“Excellent food, stylish European atmosphere, reasonable cost”

Gaby Brasserie Francaise
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaby Brasserie Francaise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,505 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Station and Times Square-42nd Street are both within two blocks of the restaurant.
Description: Described as one of the top New York French restaurants, Gaby blends classic French cuisine with an American twist. Indulge in our De-Light menu where you will find low calorie three course meals. Can't decided what you want to eat? Try one of our 30-minute meals served Bento Box-style. Accompany your meal with an extensive worldwide wine selection introduces a flight program for you to discover different grape varieties. Our artisanal cheeses and mini desserts creations are the highlights for an after dinner treat. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at this renowned New York dining spot or simply unwind at Gaby Bar .
LONDON, ENGLAND
“Excellent food, stylish European atmosphere, reasonable cost”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I lunched at this restaurant, alone, mid-week, when I had a couple of hours to spare in New York City.
Upon entering the Sofitel it felt like something of a sanctuary; a stylish but also very comfortable enclave of elegance and sophistication in contrast to the brash and noisy environment of 44th street outside?  The restaurant was similarly furnished, with an environment full of upscale appointments and up-market clientele.  The atmosphere is quiet and restful, with no unwelcome distractions from your own thoughts or conversation.
I sat by the window on a comfortable French Brasserie style chair and table.  The service was immediately prompt, and two waiters served my every food and beverage need throughout the meal.
A lobster salad, steak frites, cheese plate and coffees were all immaculately presented, European style, without too much fuss.  All tasted fresh, authentic and appealing. The portions were right-sized, neither too big nor too small, and the meal felt well balanced and nourishing.   My carafe of Cotes Du Rhone tasted like a true vintage French wine and was freshly opened and poured for me.
I had absolutely no complaints about this restaurant and feel its a very praise-worthy establishment, truly a little bit of France in Midtown Manhattan.   Many French and other Europeans frequent the hotel and restaurant.
Finally, the bill was also reasonable and the rest-rooms were excellent in their cleanliness, style and comfort.
I was pleased to find Gaby and would certainly go back there and may well stay in the hotel on my next visit.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“Not welcoming to using points”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Before moving to Manhattan, I have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past fews years and accumulated many points. I now live in NYC and wanted to have a cocktail with my husband. It had been a terrible week as Hurricane Sandy left us with no power or water. We figured it would be the perfect time to use some of the Accor points. We had a couple of glasses of wine and when we tried to use the points to pay we were told they would not honor them. We have hundreds of dollars worth of points that are basically useless. We will not go back to the hotel/restaurant.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Slow service, bad attitude and unpleasant food... Avoid!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I recently had a meal here and I have to say it was one of the worst meals I have ever had. I tend to avoid hotel restaurants but it was recommended to me by a colleague, so myself and a party of 5 decided to get a booking.
The restaurant was empty on arrival... Not a great sign. (We should have known)
The menu is very small and limiting, salmon, chicken, steak, monk fish, mushroom risotto and that's pretty much it. The service was slow, the waiter only took drinks orders for half the table and walked away. The waiter was rude and answered back... And this was before the gross food arrived.
The chicken was tough and tasted like it had been sitting out for a while. The mushroom risotto was bland and too sticky, and the salmon arrived on a bed of dry couscous. Horrid!
And to top it all, it's expensive and tastes rubbish... Avoid!!

• Visited October 2012
Cooper City, Florida
“Great coffee and croissants”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very enjoyable breakfast location. Make great hand-press coffee, lattes and extraordinary basket of french pastries with breakfast. Best croissants you will have in new york city.

Visited October 2012
Cypruis
“It's an hotel but it's good anyway”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We generally avoid hotel restaurants but this was next door to where we were staying and it had been a long day!
Much to our surprise the menu was interesting and the food was well prepared. The staff were helpful and looked after us well.
Definitely deserves a higher ranking on TA