“French Comfort Food”
Review of Tout Va Bien

Tout Va Bien
Reserve with OpenTable
Tout Va Bien is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #946 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: E c train one block away on 50th sreeet.
Transit: E, C train one block away on 50th Street.
Windsor, CT
“French Comfort Food”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

What could be better -- a reasonable pre-theater choice -- minutes from the theater -- great food -- large portions and real French owners and waiters. We had the mussels (excellent), beef bourguignonne (rich flavor) and creme brulee. They even bring a plate of French Fries to the table during the meal and a punch bowl of wine and fruit after dessert. You would be hard put to get as good a meal in France. I'm certain that you could never get it for the pre-theater price of $25.95. I don't think you would ever find a more cheerful, friendly and accommodating waiter in all of France. It was a great experience and will definitely go back.

Ann Arbor
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun meal! Will go again next time I'm in NYC...”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Went for the first time with a friend, who loves it there and goes each time she's in NYC. Enjoyed my meal of beef stew, which was large enough to share; also ordered a bean dish that was tasty and healthful. The place was overheated, but then nearly everything was during our trip a few days back. The French waitress was fun, and we (three middle-aged) women were treated by the staff to a punch bowl of sangria after our meal, which was a fun surprise and which we shared with two young men at the next table, who were delighted to be included. Had nice conversations with them and with the ladies at the table on our other side, too. Will definitely go back on my next trip for atmosphere alone.

1 Thank CJMAnnArbor
paris,france
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to meet french people”
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I felt like I was in a bistro in Paris in Midtown west. The service was good and the ambiance is what really gives this place its charm.

Food is not 5 start but very affordable

1 Thank travelfrance99
new jersey
“Favorite theatre restaurant”
Reviewed September 22, 2008

My husband and I have been there more than 5 times and each time we've experienced a great meal with a warm, cozy atmosphere. Their food is excellent, with good selections (my favorite is veal kidneys in mustard sauce) prompt service and personable staff. Great location for Broadway shows and fast service. Right next to a parking garage. A-1 bistro.

2 Thank nancy221199