“Great food and Excellent Service”
Review of Arno Ristorante

Arno Ristorante
Order Online
OR
Reserve a Table
Ranked #1,242 of 13,457 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: 1, 2, 3,7, N, R, Q, W & Shuttle subway lines to Times Square/42nd Street, and B, D, F & V subway lines to 42nd Street/Bryant Park.
Reviewed February 21, 2020

We arrived on time and were seated right away (at least after a "line jumper" cut in front of us as was seated first). We were immediately greeted by our wait staff for drinks and fresh bread and butter. The menu is wonderful. We had salad and roasted red peppers with anchovy to start. We both had fish. I did the Dover Sole (out of this world good), and my wife had chicken which was perfectly prepared. Skipped dessert since we were going to a show. Price is what you would expect for a good NY place. Overall, we were delighted with food and service. I would definitely come back here.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (396)

Reviewed February 20, 2020

My fiance and I enjoyed the food here and the bar is very nice. However, our first waiter was quite brash and hurried - when I was looking at other starter options, he said essentially "why are you ordering more, that is more than enough?!" Well, ok then.

Receiving the check, I noticed that they charged me for a bottle of wine that was twice as expensive (same region, different vintage). The waiter changed it to the one we ordered, but then the manager came to our table to lecture me about wines. He told me that it my responsibility to inspect the wine bottle that is brought to our table, and that if there is a mistake - even a very subtle one (i.e. the year) - then it is my fault for accepting the wine bottle. Of course, when one orders a bottle of wine at a restaurant, one always closely inspects the bottle to ensure the waiter hasn't screwed up! The manager totally spoiled our experience and we won't be going back.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2020

Absolutely delightful! Wonderful service! Boris the bartender is outstanding! Carlos made sure our night was perfect! Very much appreciated!
Food was terrific, the tiramisu was heaven, steaks could not have been better.
Very very good!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2020

We were walking past and took a bar table on a Thursday before the dinner rush. The main room (quiet when we entered) ended up a crowded tumult (there were a couple of large parties) by the time we finished dinner, so we were glad we chose the bar.
The waiter talked us out of the Marguerite pizza we wanted as an app but approved the cold antipasto, which was terrible and not worth its price (two cheeses and a few meat slices on a plate sans lettuce, olives, peppers, tomato and anything else that might have made it more pleasing, tasty, or attractive).
The mains were *very* good! -- chicken stuffed with asparagus & shrimp; rigatoni with fresh tomato, sauteed onions, bacon & prosciutto; and a main course salad that was just okay.
During our dinner our waiter disappeared and another waiter took over without introducing himself or mentioning that our waiter was now working the busy back room (which was obvious). That's not my favorite thing but the service remained attentive.
The dessert choices (they bring out a stocked cart) all looked good and our chocolate mouse was excellent and the cappuccino was hot and delicious.
All in all I enjoyed the food but also found the experience somewhat uneven. The nondescript app, the change in waiters, and the waiter talking us out of the pizza (even tho I noticed several of the pizzas, served on a mini-peel and looking delicious, going to other tables) were the negatives.
We hope to try Arno again, maybe on a quiet night, or earlier.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 9, 2020

We came back late from Woodbury outlets and were tired and hungry. I googled it and found and Italian restaurant nearby where they still accepted reservations for 9 pm. The restaurant is lovely with crispy white table cloth and classic decor. Food was excellent and service was impeccable. The only thing I didn't like - was specific smell in the restaurant. But maybe it was something particular only that night. In any case I would definetely recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: January 2020