“NYC Dinner for Two”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: 1, 2, 3,7, N, R, Q, W & Shuttle subway lines to Times Square/42nd Street, and B, D, F & V subway lines to 42nd Street/Bryant Park.
Reviewed January 27, 2020

Absolutely delightful! Wonderful service! Boris the bartender is outstanding! Carlos made sure our night was perfect! Very much appreciated!
Food was terrific, the tiramisu was heaven, steaks could not have been better.
Very very good!

1  Thank 180kurtisb
Write a reviewReviews (395)

Reviewed January 24, 2020

We were walking past and took a bar table on a Thursday before the dinner rush. The main room (quiet when we entered) ended up a crowded tumult (there were a couple of large parties) by the time we finished dinner, so we were glad we chose the bar.
The waiter talked us out of the Marguerite pizza we wanted as an app but approved the cold antipasto, which was terrible and not worth its price (two cheeses and a few meat slices on a plate sans lettuce, olives, peppers, tomato and anything else that might have made it more pleasing, tasty, or attractive).
The mains were *very* good! -- chicken stuffed with asparagus & shrimp; rigatoni with fresh tomato, sauteed onions, bacon & prosciutto; and a main course salad that was just okay.
During our dinner our waiter disappeared and another waiter took over without introducing himself or mentioning that our waiter was now working the busy back room (which was obvious). That's not my favorite thing but the service remained attentive.
The dessert choices (they bring out a stocked cart) all looked good and our chocolate mouse was excellent and the cappuccino was hot and delicious.
All in all I enjoyed the food but also found the experience somewhat uneven. The nondescript app, the change in waiters, and the waiter talking us out of the pizza (even tho I noticed several of the pizzas, served on a mini-peel and looking delicious, going to other tables) were the negatives.
We hope to try Arno again, maybe on a quiet night, or earlier.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 9, 2020

We came back late from Woodbury outlets and were tired and hungry. I googled it and found and Italian restaurant nearby where they still accepted reservations for 9 pm. The restaurant is lovely with crispy white table cloth and classic decor. Food was excellent and service was impeccable. The only thing I didn't like - was specific smell in the restaurant. But maybe it was something particular only that night. In any case I would definetely recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank Toseta
Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

We were very pleased with this restart experience! The staff was friendly and the food was fast and delicious. The pasta dishes we had were all amazing.

Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

Nice cosy restaurant.
The food was pretty good, nothing fancy and expensive.
For me, what let this place down was the service. Our waiter was rather brash, almost poured wine everywhere. It had a feeling of get you in and out as quick as possible.
What really disappointed me, was that I mentioned my husbands 50th birthday being on that day in the email booking and then again when we arrived. The staff made nothing of it!
When they did sing happy birthday on another table.
It was over $200 per couple.
I don’t think we’d go back.

1  Thank 22vanessar