“Vintage NYC Italian”

OR
Reserve a Table
Ranked #1,242 of 13,457 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: 1, 2, 3,7, N, R, Q, W & Shuttle subway lines to Times Square/42nd Street, and B, D, F & V subway lines to 42nd Street/Bryant Park.
Reviewed October 24, 2019

Great atmosphere, timely service and the food was very good. Very fun and a bit noisy. We would go again.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (396)

Reviewed October 16, 2019

I asked for spinach in my chicken soup with orzo.
Did not happen. Asked again. Never came. Soup had noodles NO orzo. Service and attention to detail was horrendous. Waiter took the order then disappeared leaving me to talk in sign languages with service staff that did not speak English well.

Reviewed October 5, 2019

First time to Arno. Very nice atmosphere. The service was wonderful. Had a drink at the bar prior to dinner and the bartender was excellent. We started with some apps (which were very good) followed by our entrees and dessert.

Quite a few specials and the regular menu had choices that anyone who loves Italian food would find a dish that they liked.

Reviewed October 4, 2019

Food ok - service at the bar poor - the bartender was too concerned flirting with the men to pay attention to the young business women
Too bad - looks like a great place
Most men in the bar were drinking only - maybe a good place to hang out for a drink

Reviewed September 29, 2019

We were in Ney York for one night and wanted to eat at a very good Italian restaurant. This one was recommended to us by our hotel staff member. So we decided to try it. We went without reservations and very early in the evening. We were seated at a table for two. First off the server wanted to sell us Italian bottled water. Both my wife and I were not really hungry so were looking at the entrees. I ordered saltimbocca and my wife a simple plate of spaghetti. The food was okay but not great. The spaghetti plate was good but lacked some of the real Italian character. The saltimbocca was not the best I have ever had. The port was sliced from the pork loin not beaten and fattened. This left the pork tough in places. The taste of the dish was good. I was disappointed in the sever because one he realize this would not be a big-ticket, he hardly came to the table and in general, ignored us for most of the meal. He also was a bit arrogant. Real disappointment here! Not sure that I would go back there.

Date of visit: September 2019