TripAdvisor
New York City
Post
Inbox
Search

“"Murdered by the Mob" Murder Mystery Dinner”
Review of Arno Ristorante

OR
Order Online
Ranked #1,232 of 16,843 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: 1, 2, 3,7, N, R, Q, W & Shuttle subway lines to Times Square/42nd Street, and B, D, F & V subway lines to 42nd Street/Bryant Park.
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

I'd never been to a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, but had always wanted to go to see one. My friends brought me here to celebrate my birthday and none of us were disappointed! From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated as if we were the most important customers there. The service was impeccable, the Chicken Parmesan was excellent, and the show was better than I could have imagined! I have not laughed that hard in a long time!! We all had so much fun and they made this, by far, the best birthday I've ever had. Kudos!!

2  Thank Captivemom
Carin S, Director of Sales at Arno Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2015

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration at our Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. We strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests and are pleased to know that we delivered on this during your evening. We hope to see you again very soon!

Write a reviewReviews (384)

Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

Zagat rating is too generous . Food was not good at all. Over 17 dollars for a hot appetizer that had 1 shrimp , one small eggplant, a few bad clams, a real rip off and clams looked leftover from a week ago. Main courses were no better. I don't know how they are still open but I guess the tourist go and keep them open . The female bartender was the nicest part of the evening. We had a drink before sitting and she was very pleasant. I feel bad giving a bad review I know how hard it is running a good business but maybe the owners should step things up. Sorry. I was expecting a lot more

Reviewed June 28, 2015

We had a party of thirteen between the ages of 19 to 85 go see Murder by the Mob to celebrate 3 in our party birthdays. We had a blast! The show was a lot of fun and the cast was terrific! They interact with the audience and it's hysterical. The dinner they serve was simple but very tasty. Pasta appetizer, chicken parm with mashed potatoes, italian bread and coffee and cookies for dessert. There is a cash bar which made great drinks. Parking is right across the street and if you get your stub validated, it's only $14. If your looking to go out to celebrate a special occasion and a have lot of laughs, go see this show.

1  Thank sess46

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we are so happy to hear that your entire party enjoyed our Murder by the Mob dinner theater. I will be sure to share your comments with the cast, they will love to hear that your party of all ages loved the show! We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2015

Recommended by friend as we were going to MSG for a show afterwards. From the moment we entered, well, there is a difference between an energetic vibe and getting a sense that the place is nuts. Had to fight to get the maitre-d's attention and were eventually seated. Fortunately, this room was seemingly less crazy and somewhat quieter.

Took a long time to get our waiter, even longer to get drinks and to order. Heck, took 10+ minutes just to get menus. My main course was a bit of a change as I did not want (and cannot eat) the mussels on the menu. Sure enough, the dish came with mussels. The server left so quickly I could not even get his attention about the error. Finally found someone. To their credit, the dish was removed. So my wife had her dinner and I was waiting. Yeah, these things happen but I have never been to a place where they screwed up and did not even TRY to do something nice. Nothing. I watched my wife eat dinner and she watched me eat dinner. Was the food good? Yes. Was it a pleasant experience? Not even close. Very disappointed. The place was nuts - seemed like they had plenty of help but everyone was running around and, as I said, the vibe was simply crazy and frenetic. Won't return.

Reviewed June 2, 2015

Very good food in a superb setting. For most British you will find that just having the main meal is more than enough. Although the starters and deserts were very tempting

Date of visit: May 2015