“great pre theater option”
Review of Estiatorio Milos

Estiatorio Milos
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio Milos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: N,R,W,Q,and F to 57th St. B,D,and E to 7th Ave.
Description: It was in 1980, when Chef-Owner Mr. Costas Spiliadis opened the first Estiatorio Milos on Park Avenue, Montreal.The reason seemed obvious to him: the need to elevate the sophistication of Greek cuisine abroad far away from its stereotyped forklorization. 'I wanted to change what people thought about Greek cuisine,make sure it's being appreciated and awarded with its rightful place on an international level!' As a small restaurant, Milos gained the trust of the Montrealers in no time. The menu being always simple and impeccably fresh, drew the attention of the media and food critics from around the world. NY Post has triumphly started that 'Milos fish could only be fresher if it swam to your plate!' What was the secret that made Milos stand out? Its focus in finding the purest Mediterranean products and cooking with the freshest ingredients.Through 35 years of intensive research, we have managed to build lasting relationships with growers and small-scale fisheries at the shores of Greece, Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, flying in our fish and seafood daily by plane! Milos has since then taken the world by strom and opened in 1997 in NYC, in 2004 in Athens,in 2010 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas and in 2012 in Miami Beach and in 2015 in London! We invite you to live the Milos experience and celebrate with us our 35th year anniversary!
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Excellent waitress, the pre-theater option delicious - wonderful crab shrimp appetizer, greek salad, bronzino prepared with light olive oil and lemon and filteted just the way I love to have it (they call it loupe) - there were also delicious lamb chops as an option which my husband ordered. Dessert was so so.
What I did not like (and should have spoken up) - was being seated in the front of the restaurant - it was rather early - the coat check ppl kept whizzing by - the waiters hang out and enter their orders there - they disregarded that we are trying to eat and relax - the rest of the place is gorgeous and elevated and there is a terrific fish display on ice which we could not see. At 5:30 no one was there yet and we should have been offered nicer seating. Do not accept this seating if you go. That is why I gave average ratings for atmosphere and such. Seems as if the staff did not care - they squooshed everyone into the front to make it convenient for all of them. I was unhappy about this. We were spending a lot for a nice night of dinner and theater and it did not feel special, or relaxing at all.
If you order off the prix fixe menu appears to be very pricey.

1  Thank MarlenieGS

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This place rocks!!!!
OMG, the octopus, which is difficult to find if it's done correctly (grilled) was fantastic.

We were a party of 3, hotel concierge suggested it, didn't know what to expect. It's now become my go to place in NYC for seafood.

Great restaurant, great seafood. First time was back a year ago, and although I obsessive about food, it has not disappointed each time I go.

There is one in Miami Beach which I went to earlier this year, and the octopus was just as good!

It's not cheap, in fact rather expensive, but well worth it if you have the money to spend.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was my second visit to Milos.

Only downside is, even with a reservation, I got seated in the bar and it was freezing. It was very cold out and every time someone came in or out, I got a blast of arctic air. I ate with my coat on. but, it WAS packed.

I had the pre fixe menu which is a very good deal. $49 for 4 courses....all delicious.

The grilled octopus is a large portion and tender. I love it.

Next and tomato salad with some feta, peppers and cucumbers. Very refreshing.

The main course was a perfectly booked whole loup de mer. Simply prepared with some capers but so good.

Last, a walnut cake with honey lavender ice cream. Also good.

The glass of white wine I had was PRICEY but the dinner was very reasonable given the food quality and it's midtown Manhattan.

I love Milos and will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Extremely noisy. Expensive food.
Ordered for two an appetizer of shrimps (came with four shrimps) that were OK and a fish which was too cooked. They charge for the fish a 100. All with half bottle of wine for us$275!

2  Thank Udi S
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful and the Pre Fixed lunch is amazing. It is well worth the additional charge to order the grilled octopus as an appetizer

1  Thank Mark G