“wished I had eaten off the main menu”
Review of Estiatorio Milos

Estiatorio Milos
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio Milos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 14,430 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: N,R,W,Q,and F to 57th St. B,D,and E to 7th Ave.
Description: It was in 1980, when Chef-Owner Mr. Costas Spiliadis opened the first Estiatorio Milos on Park Avenue, Montreal.The reason seemed obvious to him: the need to elevate the sophistication of Greek cuisine abroad far away from its stereotyped forklorization. 'I wanted to change what people thought about Greek cuisine,make sure it's being appreciated and awarded with its rightful place on an international level!' As a small restaurant, Milos gained the trust of the Montrealers in no time. The menu being always simple and impeccably fresh, drew the attention of the media and food critics from around the world. NY Post has triumphly started that 'Milos fish could only be fresher if it swam to your plate!' What was the secret that made Milos stand out? Its focus in finding the purest Mediterranean products and cooking with the freshest ingredients.Through 35 years of intensive research, we have managed to build lasting relationships with growers and small-scale fisheries at the shores of Greece, Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, flying in our fish and seafood daily by plane! Milos has since then taken the world by strom and opened in 1997 in NYC, in 2004 in Athens,in 2010 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas and in 2012 in Miami Beach and in 2015 in London! We invite you to live the Milos experience and celebrate with us our 35th year anniversary!
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My mom and I dined here with some family friends. Since everyone was ordering off the prix fixe menu, I reluctantly caved. Though the food was delicious, I felt totally unfulfilled. This place is KNOWN for it's amazing seafood, and the $49/lb lobster is what I really craved. Plus, they have the FRESH seafood on display in the restaurant. If you want, you can pick out with piece you want - EEK!

High point here was definitely their trademark tomato salad - OMG - the only time I've ever had better tomatoes was at Villa San Michele in Florence. Order it. And then order a second, as it's so good you'll want another.

I ordered the Loup de Mer as my main dish -- portion was huge for a prix fixe menu. I ate maybe half of it. It was also pretty bony. Honestly, I don't like having to pick bones out of my mouth when I'm trying to enjoy a delicious piece of fish.

The service was excellent. I had a hard time choosing a cocktail, and one of the waiters recommended the cocktail with lemon juice, bitters, and a licorice-based liqueur. It was delicious, and I can't believe I've forgotten the name, because I'd have one right now if I could. The restaurant was a bit noisy, but the décor is straight out of the Greek isles - very crisp, clean, and WHITE. it's incredibly refreshing.

Like I said, next time I return there, I will skip the (albeit very good) prix fixe menu and go for the fresh seafood. And bring my entire bank account with me.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were surprised to find how crowded the restaurant was when we arrived for an early reservation...Noisy, very modern, big spacey, airy and very expensive...will return though...great food!..a varied menu with an excellent wait staff who were very attentive.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Dined here before hitting broadway. Place was very busy, but servers were great and had us out of there on time as we requested. Food was nothing out of this world, but it was good value and tasty.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Get there for the pre or post theater menu. For $49 you have an appetizer (we had octopus), salad, Best fish I ever had and dessert. We come back here every time we are in NY.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Amazing restaurant, with a delicious food, great service and beautiful environment. I recommend this place for anyone up for a good seafood meal!