“Been 10 times...fine food...good people watching...SUPER pricey...service ok”
Review of Estiatorio Milos

Estiatorio Milos
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio Milos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: N,R,W,Q,and F to 57th St. B,D,and E to 7th Ave.
Description: It was in 1980, when Chef-Owner Mr. Costas Spiliadis opened the first Estiatorio Milos on Park Avenue, Montreal.The reason seemed obvious to him: the need to elevate the sophistication of Greek cuisine abroad far away from its stereotyped forklorization. 'I wanted to change what people thought about Greek cuisine,make sure it's being appreciated and awarded with its rightful place on an international level!' As a small restaurant, Milos gained the trust of the Montrealers in no time. The menu being always simple and impeccably fresh, drew the attention of the media and food critics from around the world. NY Post has triumphly started that 'Milos fish could only be fresher if it swam to your plate!' What was the secret that made Milos stand out? Its focus in finding the purest Mediterranean products and cooking with the freshest ingredients.Through 35 years of intensive research, we have managed to build lasting relationships with growers and small-scale fisheries at the shores of Greece, Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, flying in our fish and seafood daily by plane! Milos has since then taken the world by strom and opened in 1997 in NYC, in 2004 in Athens,in 2010 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas and in 2012 in Miami Beach and in 2015 in London! We invite you to live the Milos experience and celebrate with us our 35th year anniversary!
Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you are px insensitive and want a scene with decent food this place is for you. Recent lunch took an hour for plate of pasta to arrive, and my fellow guest had what I think was the worlds smallest salmon filet...we both literally laughed when it arrived. Crowd definitely there to see and be seen. Overall, would never pick this place. Is an ideal expense acct place. Have had some great meals, very fresh fish, but be seated when the bill comes...

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed this restaurant but be prepared for the prices. It serves larger portions and is really meant for table sharing. I went just with my wife and it just isnt a great place for a couple based on the prices and portion set up. I would highly recommend going with at least 4 people at a table. The Grilled Octopus appetizer was one of the best things I have eaten recently! I will go back but in a group setting.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I visited Milos for a business lunch and it certainly seemed popular with other business diners - but I'm not sure quite why! The restaurant itself is pleasant enough, tending to the minimalist, and the service was prompt and efficient. But the food was just drab! A tomato salad appetiser was basic in the extreme. The salmon main course was just a lump of grilled fish with a sprig of steamed broccoli and the dessert was a few slices of citrus fruits with a scattering of berries. One often applauds simplicity but it needs to be done with flair - quite frankly a novice cook could have prepared that lot!

I see no reason to go back!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was our second time at Milos NYC location. We have also eaten at Milos Las Vegas.

We had another fantastic meal and overall great experience at Milos. The food was full of flavor and good portion size. The atmosphere is loud and lively. It always very busy and you should reserve a couple weeks in advance.

The fish is ordered by the pound and can be expensive but we feel it's worth the price to get the high quality and unique variety of fish. We (two couples) had the lavarki - a 4 lbs. fish and shared (approximately $50/pp for the entree). We had appetizers of the tomato salad and the Milos special zuchini chips ( a must).

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Many years ago while just strolling down New York City blocks I came across Milos restaurant on 125 w. 55th street.I looked inside of this beautiful retaurant and to my surprise I saw my favorite actor Dustin Hoffman eating at Milos. I knew why my favorit actor now had dinned here.
Ok this airy beautiful restaurant with its light environment offers you the best selection of fish available in today's market. You can pick your fresh fish to have it tastfully prepared and served to you.The mouth watery desserts ok how about greek style artisan made goat milk yogurt with thyme and honey from kythera. I had the delicate mouth watery filet of Dover. tender tasty grilled octopus and a tomato sald with feta cheese and real greek olives carefully home pickled.I also had the paper thin zucchini's and egg plants.
This had to be the best fish I ever had. Ok the bill was an even $428. for two.This is one meal that you must try when your in manhattan NY. The environment is socially stimulating and the hostess will be ever so kind in accomodating you,

1  Thank s i