“Great food and bring your own beverage!”
Review of Wondee Siam I

Wondee Siam I
Ranked #1,897 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is a small little place with great food at reasonable prices. It is also has a bring your own beverage license making it perfect for the budget minded. Be aware that it is small, a bit cramped and far from fancy inside, but the food is fresh and tasty and the service is fast. It gets crowded and there is often a wait, but they turnover the table fairly fast so do not be discouraged. You can get in line for a table and send someone out to grab some beer or wine while you wait.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have enjoyed other Thai restaurants in Hell's Kitchen but this one has them all topped. It is a tiny spot, only 18 or 20 seats with a line as long as the capacity. Worth the wait for sure. Once seated they bring a lengthy menu similar to the other Thai restaurants but when you ask for the "other" or secret menu they bring one with a much smaller number of choices. This is the "good stuff." We ordered two of these entrees, wish I remembered the names, both were delicious. Best was a mixture of meat, squid and shrimp. The shrimp were tiny ones but it was so delicious it didn't matter. I loved the broad noodles, a type I hadn't seen before. The other dish was in a clay pot, ginger steamed shrimp-bigger ones, cellophane noodles and greens.
This is definitely another must go again places on my NYC list.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Tiny (seats about 14) Thai restaurant that you might just pass by and be making a big mistake because the food is really good. Were stuck in massive traffic jam in this area with hour long delays at both tunnels and never mind the bridge with two outbound lanes closed for emergency repairs so we decided to stay for dinner near our parking spot. Wondee Siam was a pleasant surprise. I had the pad thai ($11.50) and son had seafood with wide noodles (not sure the name - $12.50) plus split thai spring rolls with plum sauce ($4). Great service. Great food. Dining area is a bit cramped as the restaurant is only about 12 feet wide. Also BYOB - a number of diners had wine with them. Not a good place for children that might need to stand up or move around because there just isn't the space.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We met a local couple who recommended this place. It's a very small establishment.
When we arrived it was complete, so we wrote our name on a reservation list outside and had to wait until it was our turn.
And it definitely was worth waiting for! We ate Thai soup, duck, red curry with chicken, and it was all delicious. Service was very kind and sincere. They even tried to learn me to eat with sticks and were truly interested in where we came from and how we experienced the States so far. We didn't get that feeling a lot during our stay, which is regrettable. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We walked to Wondee on Ninth Ave. after our first choice proved to be too long a wait. The food is authentic Thai, with a not so "secret" menu for special dishes. We had the crispy catfish and green mango salad, pad thai and a vegetarian red curry. Friendly service. It's BYOB, so don't forget to bring a bottle to complete the meal! Great find.