“Great, fresh thai”

Neighborhood: Midtown
dallas
“Great, fresh thai”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We visit wondee Siam every time we come to NYC. It's fresh and delicious.

Visited May 2012

New Jersey
“One of the top three Thai Restaurants in the NYC metro area”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have been eating in this place for over a decade. Indeed, at the time of my first visit, Nicky (the lovely owner) only had one restaurant and it was cash only. I stopped by twice over the past two weeks. And I must say that the food is better than ever and without a doubt Wondee Siam continues being the best Thai restaurant in the NYC metro area.

My favorites and recommendations are: red snapper with mango salad(Pla Yum Ma Muang), red snapper with fresh garlic, chili, and lime sauce (Pla Ma Now), pineapple fried rice, Pad Kee Mow, papaya salad, mango salad, Kra Prow Gai with fried eggs, and of cours red and green curry with mixed seafood or chicken.

You can't go wrong with this place. Give it a try. By the way, although I like the food at the other Wondee Siam branches, Wondee Siam I is still the best!

• Visited February 2012
“my new favorite Thai restaurant!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I actually went to this place as a second choice but now it's my favorite place! it used to be pure Thai but this place is amazing! and it's also byob! only thing is it's really small...

Stowe, Vermont
“Spicy and priced right!”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Wondee Siam has Thai dishes that are well-spiced, and excellently prepared. The decor is mundane, and there is no presentation to speak of,but the food is very tasty. It is inexpensive; an appetizer, two drinks and two curry main dishes came to around $40. Not a tourist trap - this is a neighborhood Thai place catering to those who live in the area. I'd eat here again, any time.

• Visited January 2012
Stafford, Virginia
“Spicy, yummy Thai food!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Wondee Siam is a small Thai restaurant tucked away in an area full of wonderful and diverse eating options.

We finally decided upon Wondee Siam after having spent the morning on a chilly circle cruise and we looking for some spicy food to warm us up. WS certainly brought it! I ordered Kee Mo noodles with pork and my girlfriend ordered the Pad Thai. She usually orders the most tasty dish and yet again her meal was tops! The Thai Iced tea hit the spot also. There are a ton of menu options to choose from - their menu is nearly three pages long - and every other meal that came out looked quite yummy.

Though the portions came out looking somewhat small the cooking tasted quite authentic and we definitely left full.

Grand total: I think we spent $40-45 for the two of us, pretty negotiable for NYC.

If there are more than three tables going at once this place will be busy as it is quite small inside. I would gladly come back here for more savory goodness!

• Visited November 2011