“Simply delicious”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm not a sushi expert but I have eaten sushi for years and in many different places. (Although Japan is not one of them….) This was the best sushi I've ever eaten – by far. Fish was super fresh, rice a perfect consistency and temperature. Ambiance is simple, not kitschy, best to sit at the sushi bar and watch the chefs work their magic. A totally enjoyable experience and at a reasonable price.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had 48 hours in the city and we craved sushi. We were directed by our local friends to Hatsuhana and were not disappointed by the food.

There is nothing extraordinary about the restaurant, the ambiance, the service; except the quality of the food is world-class.

If you crave world-class sushi and are willing to be herded, come here.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I loved this place, nice simple decoration, very nice service! I ordered their 'box of dream', it was very fresh and so good! I highly recommend

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is like eating in a solid, traditional place in Tokyo. No kitschy red lanterns in the interior, just green tea walls and muted lighting. No horrible mango or mayonnaise in the rolls, just top of the line fish served up with note perfect rice.

A lot of execs from nearby Japanese banks eat here -the cred equivalent of seeing truckers in a diner. It's ultra-reasonable at lunch, but given the quality, it's always reasonable.

May it never change -and may I eat here another dozen times.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you are looking for authenticity, you'll find it here. It's a bit pricy, but it's all in your food. Sushi neta here is the finest. I find myself here whenever I get hungry for authentic Japanese food.