“Good, old school Italian food.”
Review of Da Tommaso

Da Tommaso
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Tommaso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,240 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good, old school Italian food.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Last night in NY we wanted a special meal and got it here. I had the chicken special and my husband had stuffed pork chop special and both were big portions and very good. We each had two Manhattans (excellent). Service was attentive by an Italian server with a bad hair dye job and a strong accent. Quiet, not crowded but busy on a Tuesday around 6 pm. Very friendly staff. We were in and out in an hour and a half.

• Visited December 2013

Merritt Island, Florida
“Adequate”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Not cheap at all for the quality of the food they give you here. Staff is rude and seemed annoyed that we didn't want a bottle of wine as requested more bread. I wouldn't return

Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Good Italian food... convenient to theater... very good service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Five for dinner pre-theater. Good service. Timely for pre-theater even thought he restaurant was full. Relatively small and quiet. Very good food. Caesar salad. One had eggplant rollatini... large portion. very good. One had Branzino with lemon sauce... the other Branzino in special preparation with tomato. Both excellent. Two had calves liver and said it was among the best liver in a restaurant. One chocolate mousse cake shared.

Dinner was about $50 a person with wine.

• Visited November 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Not worth it”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant on our last night in NY because it was recommended to us by a family friend. At 7 pm on a Monday we were able to walk right in because it was less than half full. The waiter, an old Italian fellow came up and asked what we wanted to drink before we even sat down. He quickly brought our drinks followed by two menus. He also read off a list of specials but I could not understand a single thing he said. My boyfriend and I asked to split a Caprese salad and each ordered a pasta off the menu. They brought bread and butter to the table, however I found the bread to be too hard/ stale for my liking. Our salad took 20 minutes to come out, much to my dissapointment. We each got a plate of one slice of tomato and mozzeralla, which we then had to dress ourselves. Needeless to say I felt ripped off that two slices of tomato cost $8.50. Another 25 minutes later and our pasta finally came out. My pasta was fine and the portion size was good, however my boyfriend's pasta tasted a bit undercooked. I couldn't finish my entire plate so I gave the rest to my boyfriend. Mid-bite his expression changed to horrified look as he discovered he'd bitten down on a piece of bone from the pancetta. I wish we had chosen somewhere else to go for our final dinner in NY.

• Visited July 2013
Peterborough, Canada
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Amazingly delicious food. Excellent and very attentive service. Comfortable and friendly environment in a GREAT location.

• Visited July 2013