“What an Italian restaurant should be” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Da Tommaso

Da Tommaso
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Tommaso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,243 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Columbus, Georgia
“What an Italian restaurant should be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was splendid without being pretentious. Pleasing flavors, but not overwhelming. Excellent service and reasonably priced wine. Everything I want in a restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
“Good, but not worth returning to”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was a COLD night when we were going in the city to see Mystery of Edwin Drood at Studio 54. So my criteria for a restaurant was something on Open Table that was a close to the theater and parking as possible. We chose Da Tommaso and didn't have to walk more than 1/2 block in the single digit weather. We got seated right away, and the wait staff was attentive. Food, at first glance, was reasonable especially for NYC, chicken and pasta entrees in the high teens, and fish and steaks in the low 20's. But don't order the specials without asking the price!! My husband had the muscles for 11.00 - they were good, but there was a single layer on a plate, maybe 12 of them - if you have ordered muscles before, you know that this is not very many!! My italian soup was good, but could have been eaten with a fork - lots of spinach, not so much soup. We both had specials for dinner - both solidly good. Husband had meat lasagna for 19.50 It was a good size portion and he enjoyed it. I had tilapia with mushrooms and sundried tomatoes. The fish was a little dry, but the sauce and "toppings" made up for it. But when the bill came we found out it was 26 dollars. For tilapia? Yes, I know it is NYC, but this was more expensive than 90% of the entrees and tilapia is a CHEAP fish. If it had been salmon, or sea bass, or something else, maybe. . . but that is really expensive for a piece of tilapia. Dessert was had by my husband and it was a nice piece of some sort of chocolate torte - yummy - but definitely not homemade, it did have a nice side of homemade sweet whipped cream that really made the dessert. So, we basically had a nice meal. But nothing worth going back for. So if it is convenient for you, I would eat here - but just ask the price of the specials ahead of time, to see if it is worth it.

• Visited January 2013
San Juan
“Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Looking for an Italian restaurant with authentic Italian food, I read about this restaurant near my daughter's apartment and went to try it. The place is nice, small, elegant yet friendly and full of atmosphere. The service was excellent as was most of the food. My wife had the spaghetty and meat sause which was very good and my daughter had raviolis filled with spiniach and chees and she raved. I had the Veal chop and while it was good tasting, it unfortunatelly was mediwm well to well done while I had ordered it medium rare. BIG mistake. The waiter offered to go at it again but I never turn food back to get another plate, so I forced myself to eat as much as I could of the overcooked meat. Other than that, it was wonderfull and I am willing to give it one more chance.

• Visited January 2013
Salem, MA
“Great food. Great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had a fish special. It was excellent. Cooked perfect with tons of flavor. Appetizer of caprese was perfect. Great spot, good food, full bar and good service.

Visited December 2012
Clemson, South Carolina
“Little Italy down the street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Da Tommaso has wonderful food, attentive waiters, and a comfortable atmosphere. I was pleased to see the "casual dress welcomed" sign, because our group of 11 people was dressed comfortably in various rain gear. Our visit was an authentic Italian experience, and I would highly recommend the Veal Marsala. Entrees were priced in the high teens to lower thirties. :)

• Visited December 2012