“Fabulous!”

Ranked #1,484 of 14,130 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Pergola Des Artistes is a small family-run French restaurant, located in the heart of Times Square and the Theater district. Established in 1963, the decor is still simple and reflects Marie & Jacques' vision of what small French restaurants looked like in their home town of Cominac, in the French Pyrenees. If you're looking for good food at a reasonable price, Pergola des Artistes is for you. If you want haute cuisine, you won't find it here. Many of the recipes were brought over from small villages in France. Today, Christian, Marie and Jacques' son, runs the restaurant. The restaurant has always been a place where tourists, locals and the theater crowd can get a good meal and be out in time for a show.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I got my flyer from Eddie too! Thought what the heck and I was not sorry. What a great meal. I had eggplant napoleon cooked to perfection. The bisque before my entree was delicious as well. I will go there again!

2  Thank seeyousoon_11

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I took my Mother and Wife to see a matinee of "Nice Work If You Can Get It" at the Imperial Theater around the corner. They have a Matinee special and we all got something different of the menu. Every dish was excellent, fresh and hot. The complimentary glass of wine was very good. As New York theater district / Time Square restaurant go the value was excellent. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have been to this restaurant before and have had a good experience but this time it was very mixed. We waited 10 minutes for a wine list and then another 5 before anyone asked us what we wanted to drink. My husband's entre came on a VERY hot plate but the pork was stone cold so he had to send it back. I ordered the home cured salmon and asked what came with it. When it arrived it was covered with onions to which I am alergic and the waiter had failed to mention they were included, so I sent it back.
This was one of the best things that occurred. A nice waiter said that the smoked salmon was very spicy and gave me a small amount to taste. It was too spicy for me. I ordered mixed vegetables that were OK, all fresh and nicely cooked.
The worst was the service. We never seemed to have one waiter. Noone seemed assigned to serve us. We waited for drinks, waited for our order to be taken, waited for extra butter which never came, waited for someone to ask if we wanted coffee and finally gave up. We had to ask twice for the check. When no one came to take the credit card, my husband just went to the bar to pay for it. Except for the one very nice waiter who tried to help, we might as well have been invisible. On the plus side, the prices are incredible reasonable for NYC. Most entres were between $19 and $25.

People at the next table got efficient service and raved about the food. Not us. We probably won't return.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Eddie also handed us a flyer while waiting at the TKTS line. He was very persuasive so we decided to give it a shot and we weren't disappointed. I ordered Coq Au Wine (chicken cooked in wine), and my husband got a nice baked salmon. (cooked to perfection as they ran out of beef bourguignon) My salad was really good. Husband had a nice onion soup. The appetizer bread was very good too. (very tempting to ask for more) We got 10% off with the flyer that came with complimentary glass of wine for both of us. The waiters can probably be more attentive but the service wasn't bad overall. We'll try other entrees next time we're in New York.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Like some other reviewers, "Eddie" handed us a flyer while waiting in the TKTS line. With the flyer, we received 10% off our meal and a complimentary glass of wine. We had lobster bisque, french onion soup, beef bourguignon and a daily special of pork loin stuffed with pears and cherries. Everything was delicious. I would definitely recommend them and go back next time in NYC.