“Good choice for theatre district”
Review of Thalia

Thalia
Reserve with OpenTable
Thalia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #337 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th St.
Transit: C, E, 1 (exit on 50th St); N, R (exit on 49th and 7th Ave)
north
“Good choice for theatre district”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice decor and interesting menu. If I was in the area I would go again because there were other things I would like to try.

Visited November 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Treated ourselves to a pre-theater matinee last Sunday and Thalia was the perfect place. Excellent food (chocolate chip pumpkin muffins were a hit!) and friendly service. Would definitely return for brunch or dinner on next trip to New York.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mizzelle
Portland, Maine
“Twice in a week, Once was excellent the other not-so-much.”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was in NYC for the week and always make my way to Thalia because of their fantastic food and drinks. I arrived later in the day on Monday and got to dinner after 10:00 pm. A lovely bartender greeted me with a friendly, helpful and charming spirit. I enjoyed the oyster special and a two sushi rolls.

Wednesday night after the Rangers game I decided Monday was so nice I would return for another round. Boy was I ever disappointed. I ordered the same thing and got rolls that didn't resemble what I received on Monday. Bartender was rude and couldn't be bothered. I had encountered him on a previous visit and got the same level of service. When I got back to the hotel I could see he charged me for a Grey Goose cocktail instead of the Stoli that I SAW HIM POUR ($4 up charge from Stoli too - how convenient for him). Since I have both owned and tended bars for many years I can honestly say that I have encountered bartenders like him in the past. Too self involved to offer the level of service that I have always enjoyed here. I will make sure on return visits to not sit at the bar. I suggest others do the same when Brian is working.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Artie35
Maputo, Mozambique
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

The food and service was amazing! Loved the decor too. Well done to the Thalia team. Will definately be back on my next visit to NYC.

Sydney
“Return visit”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went here in 2006 not long after it opened and was keen to return with my family. The service and food are still excellent. It was a lovely place for a special night out. We were staying on West 49th St and it was even better being able to stroll around the corner. Good place for people staying in or visiting the Theatre District.

• Visited September 2013