“I Want to Love It”
Review of Osteria al Doge

Osteria al Doge
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria al Doge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #359 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Transit: N,R,S,1,9,2,3,7 trains at 42nd Street
New York City, New York
“I Want to Love It”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It's fine. It's okay. Great room, service, owners, menu - but the food is okay. I work in the area - I would love to come here all the time. But I just seem to "forget" about it for a period of time, remember and then try it again, but there isn't anything about the food to make me want to come back. It's never bad or a huge disappointment and I want to love it. I'll probably try it again some day.

• Visited November 2012

• Hebrew first
New York City, New York
“Am I taking crazy pills?”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I don't know if I am insane or everyone else is. Both here and at dinner, everyone else seemed to be loving this restaurant, but while the service was fine, the food wasn't great. The soup wasn't great at all, I had to force myself to continue eating it and eventually just gave up. The beetroot salad was very bland and oddly bitter tasting. The dishes came out disconcertingly quickly. The mains were average. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't more than just okay.

• Visited November 2012
Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great restaurant on Times Square”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a great restaurant with good service and good food! I will absolutely come back another time.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Silje B
Sylvania, Ohio
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Fabulous service and very accommodating to out family. Service was spot-on. Todd was hot and well worth the price. Great atmosphere:)

Visited October 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A fleeting visit”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

It is very, very easy to go wrong when dining near Broadway, so I'm very glad that I'd done a bit of homework and knew that Osteria al Doge had a good reputation. It's a worthy reputation. I arrived, probably somewhat underdressed I realised as soon as I got there, with about an hour to go before the show I was going to see. I was made to feel very welcome and, as soon as I mentioned to the wonderful woman behind the bar that I had about 45 minutes to get in and out she looked after me wonderfully well from start to finish. The veal I had was perfectly cooked, well-seasoned and was accompanied by plenty of really good spinach. A minor gripe would be that when they say with new potatoes, they mean two, each cut in half. But hey, it's New York - they don't do carbs! Overall I was very impressed, I'd go back and absolutely full marks for service.

• Visited October 2012