“A great restaurant on Times Square”
Review of Osteria al Doge

Osteria al Doge
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria al Doge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #689 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: N,R,S,1,9,2,3,7 trains at 42nd Street
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a great restaurant with good service and good food! I will absolutely come back another time.

1  Thank Silje B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Fabulous service and very accommodating to out family. Service was spot-on. Todd was hot and well worth the price. Great atmosphere:)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

It is very, very easy to go wrong when dining near Broadway, so I'm very glad that I'd done a bit of homework and knew that Osteria al Doge had a good reputation. It's a worthy reputation. I arrived, probably somewhat underdressed I realised as soon as I got there, with about an hour to go before the show I was going to see. I was made to feel very welcome and, as soon as I mentioned to the wonderful woman behind the bar that I had about 45 minutes to get in and out she looked after me wonderfully well from start to finish. The veal I had was perfectly cooked, well-seasoned and was accompanied by plenty of really good spinach. A minor gripe would be that when they say with new potatoes, they mean two, each cut in half. But hey, it's New York - they don't do carbs! Overall I was very impressed, I'd go back and absolutely full marks for service.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

OAD is a very solid northern Italian restaurant in the theater district. It is supposed to be a Venetian restaurant, but I'd say it is less specialized. I have had lunch and dinner here a few times. The pasta and fresh fish dishes are excellent and well prepared. Beef carpaccio is excellent as well. The service is professional. A very nice dining experience for the price. Well recommended

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We go here on a semi-regular basis (husband's office a few blocks away) and it's very consistent. It's not ground-breaking but always enjoyable. We really like their orecchiete with sausage and broccoli rabe as well as their octopus.

Their branzino is also very good and there is a great wine list. It's a perfect place if you're heading to the theater but even if you're not, the atmosphere and value makes it a good destination in and of itself.