“A little bit of French in the heart of Manhatten”
Review of Pigalle - CLOSED

Pigalle
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Vancouver, Canada
“A little bit of French in the heart of Manhatten”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stumbled on Pigalle our first day in New York. It is on the N.E. corner of 48th Street and 8th Avenue. The restaurant has big windows so you can see right into the interior and the outside looks a little more glamorous than most other store fronts in the area. They have a large board outside which displays the menu and the specials of the day. Prices are good and the menu is varied and appetizing. When we stepped inside we felt transported from the noise and bustle of Manhatten to a cafe on a side street in Paris. The décor is French style, modern, and clean. Interesting knick-knacks and objet d'art are displayed around the interior, but are tasteful and do not overwhelm. There is a large bar with stools just inside the door which we utilized one night after seeing a show. Drinks were large, reasonably priced and the staff very friendly and chatty. We went back there to eat several times during our stay and found the food delicious and well presented. We would definitely recommend you pay them a visit during your stay in New York.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Perfect after theatre meal”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Authentic French food and atmosphere, minus the cigarette smoke of course. Fresh greens, never overdressed, decent & drinkable wines by the glass, perfect escargot and huge burgers. Love the room, and the servers are efficient and kind. We always come here after a show or later, as they are open til 11 and 11:30, depending on the night.

• Visited April 2013
San Jose, ca
“Excellent happy hour in NYC”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This stage-set authentic Parisian cafe next door to the Hilton Garden Inn on 8th at 48th St has a 3-6 happy hour with 1$ oysters, crab cakes, steak tatare and more at great prices. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that i didn't have a full dinner.

Canton, Ohio
“Step out for better adventure”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Group breakfast experience was less than stellar. Wait staff was wonderful. Pancakes and french toast were tasty - but not worth the price. Step out the front door and try some of the local favorites.

Visited March 2013
Forked River, New Jersey
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had dinner here with family, recently. This wasn't my choice---I would tend to steer clear of the Times Square restaurants, but there are always exceptions. I did do a quick review search on my cell phone before we ate here and the reviews seemed decent. The food was average at best although a few of us ended up with "stomach aches". I don't know if it was the food or just coincidental. The expensive drinks weren't very good--stick with the basics if I was you. The cute drinks that they advertise are watered down and not very good--just stick with beer or a cocktail in which you specify what brand of liquor that you want. The bread was decent but everything that we all ordered was not very good---I could tell by asking everyone how their food was and everyone said "good"---but we are a polite bunch and I noticed that everyone did not finish their food. The waitress seemed like she could be from France--quite aloof but somewhat polite at the same time. When I tried to get her attention--and she clearly saw me and was not busy--she totally ignored me for at least 10 minutes. This establishment is just a fast food french restaurant, basically. It is not authentic and probably gets business because of its location, on 8th avenue. I would definitely not go back here again. To be fair--the profiteroles were decent!

• Visited March 2013