“db Moderne Bistro”
Review of DB Bistro Moderne

DB Bistro Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
DB Bistro Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #252 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: Subway 1,2,3,7,A,C,E,N,Q,R,W Stop at 42nd St. Times Square Subway B,D,F,V Stop at 42nd St. & 6th Avenue
Description: Experience the new db bistro moderne! Chef Daniel Boulud's contemporary French bistro has undergone a complete renovation. With the addition of a handsome new cocktail bar, and a newly-crafted menu by Executive Chef Jim Burke in collaboration with Daniel Boulud. db bistro serves updated bistro classics with a modern twist and market-driven French-American cuisine. Located one block East of Times Square, db bistro is the perfect spot for pre- and post-theater dining, a Midtown business lunch or breakfast 'L'Express' of cappuccino and viennoisserie at the bar. A $48 pre-theater prix-fixe dinner menu is available in addition to a full a la care menu. The Lunch Prix Fixe menu will have you back to your desk of off to a matinee quickly and affordably. DB is happy to host large parties and private events from 14-165 guests.
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Chef Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne in mid-town, is a perfect lunch spot where French cuisine meets the American palate to create delightfully flavored food. Chef Oliver Muller, has created a seasonal menu that is really marvelous. The interiors are modern with very clean lines though quarters can get very cramped, especially in the back room. The service is very warm and friendly (very cute waiters with charming smiles!). I recommend going for the pre-fix lunch as food here can get pretty pricey.
I went to db Bistro Moderne during the NYC winter restaurant week and got a great deal on lunch. Though we didn’t try the Original db Burger, it’s meant to be the dish to eat here. Perhaps next time……..

For pictures and more food details click on this link:

Reviewed October 15, 2010

We arrived early to our reservation and the host seemed annoyed. Aside from him, service was amazing. I did not like where they seated particularly because we had reservations and the restaurant was only half full. We were stuffed in a corner booth with a table so close we could barely squeeze out without having to move it.
The appetizers were yummy as was the bread. I was not a fan of the coq au vin. They never allowed us to get anywhere near to an empty glass on the wine or water.
The location is great.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

We enjoyed this restaurant. We were able to make a reservation for a Saturday night in August at 7:30 about a week in advance. We picked that time believing that the theatre crowd would be leaving, and we were right. The ambience is upscale bistro, just what we expected. The service was efficient and friendly.
My wife started with the tomato tart tatin ($18) with goat cheese, which was excellent. I had the tart flambee ($10), which was more like a shortbread which Seasons 52 ( a Southern chain) does better. But the flamed taste was intriguing. If any aspect of the dinner was a little disappointing, it was the tart flambee.
As a main course, my wife had the veal piccata ($34). The two large pieces of veal were not flat but probably an inch or so thick. They were surprisingly moist. I ordered the famous burger ($32), which was just extraordinary. With the meal we enjoyed a bottle of Coudoulet de Beaucastel ($95) from the great 2007 vintage. The wine list has a great variety of selections that have been very intelligently chosen. Our red wine was served slightly chilled, which shows that this restaurant really understands wine.
This restaurant is not a formal 3-star restaurant, but it is everything it is supposed to be!

1  Thank Beaune
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I highly recommend this restaurant! Terrific food, service and knowledge of guletn-free dining. Prices are high but the quality is outstanding.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

Had breakfast here with my wife. The ambience is lovely, with a lot of light entering the dining area. No privacy when dining on the long benches, since you can literally knock against your neighbours' knees. The food was good, my wife had the smoked salmon, while I had the french styled eggs. The portions were small, but adequate for my eating habits.