“Fine Sunday brunch at reasonable prices”
Review of DB Bistro Moderne

DB Bistro Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
DB Bistro Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: Subway 1,2,3,7,A,C,E,N,Q,R,W Stop at 42nd St. Times Square Subway B,D,F,V Stop at 42nd St. & 6th Avenue
Description: Experience the new db bistro moderne! Chef Daniel Boulud's contemporary French bistro has undergone a complete renovation. With the addition of a handsome new cocktail bar, and a newly-crafted menu by Executive Chef Jim Burke in collaboration with Daniel Boulud. db bistro serves updated bistro classics with a modern twist and market-driven French-American cuisine. Located one block East of Times Square, db bistro is the perfect spot for pre- and post-theater dining, a Midtown business lunch or breakfast 'L'Express' of cappuccino and viennoisserie at the bar. A $48 pre-theater prix-fixe dinner menu is available in addition to a full a la care menu. The Lunch Prix Fixe menu will have you back to your desk of off to a matinee quickly and affordably. DB is happy to host large parties and private events from 14-165 guests.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Fine Sunday brunch at reasonable prices”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Fine dining (even when compared to other great places in NYC) and a great wine list at affordable prices-you can't ask for more. We came in a group of 8 for Sunday brunch. The fancy burger, the roasted duck, and the fish of the day were outstanding as well as the desserts.The wine list was extensive
and affordable by NYC standards. Service was attentive and never obtrusive.This is one place to come back for dinner.

• Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“Another great experience”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Must have been my 6th or 7th dinner experience. Everything was great.
Our table was ready wheb we arrived at 8:00PM. The Alsacian tart was perfect and reminded us of our trip to Obernai. My snails and mushoom casserole was as good as my wife's tomato tatin. While my roasted cod on truffled mash was very good ( I changed my mind at the last second) it was far from my wife's selection. a John Dory filet on potato gnocchi with a Kale puree and a huge amount of sliced fresh black truffles. A steal for $40.00. Both our desserts were perfect, chocolate tart for my better half and rum baba for me.
We'll be back next time we're in N.Y.C

Visited January 2013
Vineland, New Jersey
“burgers”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The db burger is a mix of beef, short ribs, fois gras and truffles. The soups are all wonderful and the staff is friendly.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Train your staff Daniel Boulud”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Most embarrassing experience at the coat check after a very enjoyable meal, but what is the point if the evening ends like this? My husband and I only had a $5 dollar bill and wanted $2 change, but somehow coat change decided to keep it which was not appropriate, even though I could not care less about those $2. Their response when we finally got their attention was the most embarrassing and disappointing experience and my super easy-going husband decided to never go to another Daniel Boulud restaurant since this was the second obnoxious occurrence in 1 month (see also my review of Cafe Boulud in West Pam Beach after finding a huge hair in my bread). Too bad, because the food was good (even though the portions are getting smaller and smaller) and the waiter was excellent. There are too many other great restaurants in NY to accept treatment like this!

• Visited January 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Wow!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary. I started with escargot which was amazing; far more interesting than the typical snails in butter, garlic, and parsley. This escargot comes with chicken oysters, daikon radish, hazelnut, button mushrooms, bone marrow crostini, parsley black garlic consommé! My boyfriend started with the butternut squash soup which was simple perfection. Then we enjoyed duck confit (perfectly crisp) and roasted atlantic cod. The food and service were excellent!

• Visited January 2013