“Cosy, romantic - worthy of a visit”
Review of Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni
Ranked #759 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Right in the center of Hell's Kitchen, this midtown Manhattan location has proudly served its patrons for over 20 years. The vibrant, fast-paced atmosphere of this restaurant matches the bustling activity surrounding it on all sides. Don Giovanni is just steps away from Times Square, the Theater District, Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, and Madison Square Garden. The neighborhood is filled with the hottest clubs and lounges, live bands, and Broadway shows. What better way to start your evening or to end a long day of exploring, than with a delicious, no frills Italian meal at our restaurant!
“Cosy, romantic - worthy of a visit”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious, the restaurant gorgeous and the service was great! If I was staying in NYC longer, I'd definitely come back!

Be prepared to leave much of your plate unfinished, even though the food is so good you'll want to devour it all. The portions are generous, and not at the expense of quality.

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cosy, casual meal in Hells Kitchen

3 Thank Amy S

Manchester, Connecticut
“Loved the food!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a great pre-theatre meal. Ate the garlic knots and pepperoni with garlic pizza. Both were amazing. I would definitely recommend adding the garlic. Washed it all down with a carafe of Sangria. We ate early a little before 6pm. I would recommend that since there was no wait at that time.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank LuvHaribo
Ottawa
“Very good pizza & pasta”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Landed in NYC, checked in & wandered about looking for a restaurant - very glad we wandered in here! From the homey atmosphere, friendly service, low & warm lighting and fantastic food, it was an excellent welcome to New York. I had the pizza with basil, tomato and mozzarella - so simple but so, so delicious. Friend had the lobster ravioli with the rose sauce and raved about it so much I had to try it - and it was fantastic. Lovely selection of reasonable wines too. Checked out the plaque by the entrance - used to be a comedy club where everyone from Belushi to Carlin used to perform - nice twist of history. Would definitely come back here again.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank ice_rider
Miami, Florida
“Good Italian Comfort Food”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I finally decided to come here after my sister kept talking about how much she loves their pasta. So we went for my mother's birthday following a Broadway show. First of all, we were seated next to Tony Danza who was just casually there eating alone. So I figured, this place must be at least fairly decent. This place reminded me of my best friend's mother's kitchen. And the food tastes the same too, nice old school hearty Italian. The sauce was the best part and it was hard to not eat my whole plate (which was fairly large).

I would definitely recommend this place to people looking for a quick Italian bite in times square, minus the huge prices and large crowds.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank MissKris626
chorley lancashire
“Homely atmosphere and good value”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was our fourth night in New York and we had learned that the bet food and service comes if you walk a little off the neaten track. This restaurant is not pricey and delivers on food and service. We just fancied a pizza and they came on tin plates from the pizza oven. very tasty with good service from a friendly waitress.

• Visited October 2012