“No need to schlep to Little Italy”
Review of Amarone Ristorante

Amarone Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amarone Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #516 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Hell's Kitchen, Midtown West, Theatre District, Clinton
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner at Amarone during a recent business trip based on the recommendation from my hotel, and was not disappointed. This is old school, white table clothe dining in a charming little spot on 9th Ave. The food was great, as good or better than anything I've had in Little Italy. If your staying in midtown, save the cab fare and the hassle of getting downtown and give Amarone a try. Very convenient to the theater district as well.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went to amarone on the strength of a recommendation from a tour guide backed up by the tripadvisor reviews.

Yes, it's nice. But it didn't live up to our expectations. The food was nice (sorry, the word 'nice' is probably going to be overused in this review but it wasn't anything other than 'nice') but not fabulous or memorable. Service and staff were nice, but we didn't feel particularly valued, more like a cash paying commodity. Service was reasonable though they got our order wrong.

We were rather taken aback by the bill when it came. Tourists beware: once the tax and tip is added, it's an extra 25% on your bill. AND if you are paying by credit card, they don't transfer the tip they put on your bill onto the credit card slip so it comes across like they are looking for more than the 18% they have automatically added to the original bill. Make sure you add the same amount on your bill onto the credit card chit.

There's no reason to avoid amarone, but I wouldn't rush there either.

I am actually a bit disappointed to write this review as I was really looking forward to a fab meal with matching service. In which case it would have been worth every dime. Instead I feel slightly ripped off.

1  Thank apronannie
Reviewed July 20, 2014

While in NYC we chose Amarone's as a recommendation from a server at the Marriott East Side Hotel as the place he takes his wife for dinner. We were delighted in the atmosphere and the attentiveness of the wait staff. Our server Andrea was helpful, professional and fun. Our group of four had and loved the pear salad, mozzarella salad, ravioli with spinach and the veal plus many more choices. We were very satisfied as we left the restaurant. If you are looking for a cozy intimate Italian restaurant you should consider Amarone. It will become one of 'must' restaurants when we return to the city.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife an myself decided to try Ristorante Amarone for dinner. We were promptly welcomed and seated in a seat to our liking. Bread and olive oil was serviced immediately. Donne our Romanian waiter did everything to look after our needs. We ordered fresh fry calamari and it was fresh and not overdone. For main course I wanted fettucini Alfredo which was not on the menu . They took the time to address the issue and asked me would I Like scallops and shrimp with the pasta. It was the freshest pasta I have had. My wife had fettucini colore. Done as ordered, with our meal had Pinot gringo and chianti ,very good. I had the desert of the day no complaints .
Would recommend this for a nice quite meal on ninth street(aka Hell's Kitchen area

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The service was perfect, but the food was not very good. The bread and house wines by the glass were particularly poor. Details like place settings were sloppy, as the cutlery was mismatched, there were two salad forks at my place, and my white wine was served in a red wine glass. Too bad the quality of the meal did not match the friendly, attentive and professional service.