“I won't go to Hell's Kitchen, except to go to Amarone”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amarone Ristorante

Amarone Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amarone Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #462 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Hell's Kitchen, Midtown West, Theatre District, Clinton
New York, New York, United States
“I won't go to Hell's Kitchen, except to go to Amarone”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This place has prompted me to write a review. Something I shy away from, since people's opinions are like...well I digress. THIS PLACE IS OUTSTANDING. First of all, do yourself a favor and have some wine from Rocatto Macia while you are there. I suggest the Sasyr which is a lovely Sangiovese/Syrah blend. Earthy nose with hints of truffles, big jammy mouth, and a smooth dry finish. YES!

Pair it with one of their hand made pastas in hearty sauces. I had the Corteccia alla Norcia and it was amazing. Hand rolled delicate pasta in a hearty spicy sausage ragout. I literally licked my plate clean. The fact that it was so delicious coupled with the wine helped ease any embarrassment I might feel of licking my plate in public.

The service is outstanding. One of my biggest pet peeves in restaurants is when servers rush past you and do not give the guest the right of way. Not in this place! There was a genteleman carrying several dishes who refused to go before I passed. A+

I will be back and I recommend you go as well.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Jessah D

Chester, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the Concierge in the Sanctuary Hotel. It is a no frills Italian restaurant that is very popular with "the locals"- we were pleased that we booked in advance . Good quality freshly prepared food at a very reasonable price.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by a tour guide so thought it'd be great. But very disappointed. Pasta dishes were just ok and pricey for what we got-bowl of noodles only. Service was just ok too. We wish we just stopped in at one of the many pizzerias that had pasta on menu...

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great dinner for pre-theater!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

A group of 7 of us had dinner on a Saturday night before show (short walk to theater, reservation was at 6 p.m.). The food and wine were outstanding, wait staff friendly and attentive. The risotto was incredible. Everything we ordered was great. Would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Naples, FL
“Incredible food and service!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a real gem. The service is incredible. The food is authentic and delicious!!!
Thank you Westin Times Square for recommending.

• Visited August 2013