“A bit less than we expected”
Review of Amarone Ristorante

Amarone Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amarone Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #514 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Hell's Kitchen, Midtown West, Theatre District, Clinton
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We arrived ready to have a great Italian dinner. "Soon we find we had no table, despite our reservations. We elected to eat outside. Usually I am not a waiter critic, but he really did not care, fast fed the special and missed some of them.
Some of the food was great, some, well, below average.
Fried calamari was perfect
The stuffed artichoke special was special - specially blah
My wife loved her pasta
My veal with gargonzola sauce was lacking - some of the veal was chewey, the gargonzola sauze needed some help - as in some gargonzola.
Really could do better for the price.

1  Thank joedvet
There are newer reviews for Amarone Ristorante

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We ended up here by accident, because the restaurant we wanted to go was not open yet at 4:15 PM. The overall experience was mixed: their food was excellent, but service was almost rude.

We ordered their carpaccio di manzo (beef carpaccio) and fish and pasta for main course. The food was nicely seasoned and as Italian as I have got in Italy. The restaurant staff even speaks Italian.

Their service was friendly in the beginning, but after about 6 PM they started to hurry. We brought the dessert menu before I had finished my second course. In the end they hurried to bring our bill. I guess they had a reservation for our table. It would have been polite to tell if we have limited time.

We really liked our food, but after this kind of an service experience, I would not return.

1  Thank Tero Lehto
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I were staying at the Wesin in Times Square and asked for a nice Italian restaurant.
The staff directed us to this place. We were warmly greeted and served. It was a good solid meal with good solid service. I would recommend this place.

2  Thank Plaztik
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I chose to dine here prior to a show in April 2013, based on Trip Advisor reviews. The wine was respectable, the food delicious and the service superb- a special shout out to Andre who gifted me with a lovely coral rose, and to the owner who very graciously offered us a grappa and a wonderful chat concerning their mission to provide their customers with a top notch dining experience. They exceeded our expectations and we would definitely return to this lovely gem of a restaurant!

2  Thank NovaScotia552
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We found this restaurant walking around the Hell's Kitchen area our first night in New York and quickly decided to eat here before our show on Saturday. I'm always happy when I find a place that offers gf pasta and cooks it well, as this place does. My pear and arugula salad was simple and amazing! The Montepulciano wine was delicious. Great place to sit outside on a nice day, which we did.

1  Thank SimplyGF_Traveler