“If this is any indication…”
Review of The Delta Grill - CLOSED

The Delta Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 7, 2013

With an upcoming trip to NOLA, my young lady and a friend of ours decided to try this place after seeing Broadway matinee…and I so glad we did.

If this food is any indication of what’s in store for us down in the bayou, I only worth the trip was even sooner.

We went with all appetizers as the selection was so good and we all wanted to try so many different things, it was the only way to go-this is what we shared:
-Crawfish Popcorn
-Crawfish Pie
-Jambalaya Wontons
-Duck Lady Salad (an entrée)
-Randall's Macaroni and Cheese

With drinks (2 each and VERY heavy pours), the bill with tip came to about $160.00…steep for three you might say? Midtown Manhattan right in the theater district?

Naw, this was just outstanding, price and meal.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just because I'm a foreigner doesn't mean I ignore the tipping american habit.
So, I can't stand restaurants that add 18% compulsory tipping to my bill when I'm alone. Restaurants don't have the right to add mandatory gratuities to tables that cover fewer than eight people, so I usually expect my tip to be a reward towards a good job. Food was fine, service didn't deserve an 18%.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our recent visit to The Delta Grill was a lot of fun. We decided to sit at the bar as the restaurant was crowded and we were happy with the decision. The bartender was quick and attentive and made sure to check on our order in the kitchen. The Fried Cheese Grits appetizer had just the right amount of spiciness; the outside was crusty and the inside soft- very tasty. The Creole sauce on it was very good with great flavor. We also enjoyed a Deep Fried Shrimp Po'Boy- lots of shrimp, lettuce and dressing. The bread was crusty and fresh. The entire time we were there, there was New Orleans style music playing and we enjoyed looking at all the French Quarter decorations and memorabilia. It almost felt like we were in the Quarter.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stopped in for an early dinner before a Broadway show but unfortunately we had had a late lunch so we were not that hungry. The menu looked great and I would have liked to try a number of the entrees but instead we did appetizers which were very good. The gumbo was nicely spiced as were the grits and fried green tomatoes. The alligator sausage was quite tasty. The service was friendly and quite speedy. Surprisingly good NO restaurant in the middle of Hell's Kitchen!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great surroundings, lovely seat great for people watching which me and my fiancé love doing, food was gorgeous we had chicken with breadcrumbs wrapped around sausage meat placed on plate like 4 towers, it appetising just looking at it as always couldn't eat it all was stuffed , waiter was very informative when asking about meal .