“So-so”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The atmosphere is cool, a little dark and dingy but fun. My boyfriend ordered the Crawfish Boil special which was pretty good but was mainly crawfish with little potatoes and corn etc. The flavor was nice though, spicy! It was the special that night and ended being $30 which was over proced for the amount of food. I ordered the fried chicken and found it to be very average...think grocery store deli. The jalapeno and cornbread they serve when you first sit was yummy. Not sure I'd eat there again but if I did, I'd stay away from the fried chicken and order the jambalaya perhaps.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went twice during my recent NY visit. Its like being in any bar in Ne Orleans, awesome! Great music, football playing, Abita beer, what else could I ask for? Oh yes, the food was delish; try the ribs!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Good service, a good but not great atmosphere and food that doesn't insult or inspire. It could be a hell of a lot worse or a little bit better. Etouffee was a little bit bland, shrimps were small. Cornbread was hmm.. old? Jambalaya was good and they gave us coffee on the house for apparently no reason.. hence the rounding up of stars!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was really craving Cajun food after having a poor experience at the Cajun Cafe in South Street Seaport. I randomly googled Cajun food in Manhattan and I decided to go with this restaurant.

It wasn't very busy and we sat right away. The waitress even came up to us really quickly to get drinks and orders. The bussers were really quick and frequent with refilling our water (which is a big deal to me in restaurants). Overall, the service was very good.

The food was delicious too. The starter bread was warm and yummy (cornbread & a jalapeno type bread I think). The hush puppies were fluffy and DELICIOUS. At the end of the night I was SO full but wanted to continue eating them. Seriously, the best hush puppies I've ever had. My meal was something called Lenore's chicken ( a stuffed chicken with ground sausage and holladaise). The presentation is quite appealing and it was delicious (but heavy and filling). I was only able to eat half of it (and I'm an eater) and had a second meal out of it (so it was worth the $20 price).

Had a great experience at Delta Grill and hope to return the next time I'm in New York.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Delta Grill is the closest thing to the Big Easy that I've found! Anything I've ever ordered has been fantastic. Must tries are their Gumbo, Jambalya, and of course - the Hurricane. The Delta Grill totally captures the vibe of NO.