“3 and a half - I rounded up!”
Review of The Delta Grill - CLOSED

The Delta Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Good service, a good but not great atmosphere and food that doesn't insult or inspire. It could be a hell of a lot worse or a little bit better. Etouffee was a little bit bland, shrimps were small. Cornbread was hmm.. old? Jambalaya was good and they gave us coffee on the house for apparently no reason.. hence the rounding up of stars!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was really craving Cajun food after having a poor experience at the Cajun Cafe in South Street Seaport. I randomly googled Cajun food in Manhattan and I decided to go with this restaurant.

It wasn't very busy and we sat right away. The waitress even came up to us really quickly to get drinks and orders. The bussers were really quick and frequent with refilling our water (which is a big deal to me in restaurants). Overall, the service was very good.

The food was delicious too. The starter bread was warm and yummy (cornbread & a jalapeno type bread I think). The hush puppies were fluffy and DELICIOUS. At the end of the night I was SO full but wanted to continue eating them. Seriously, the best hush puppies I've ever had. My meal was something called Lenore's chicken ( a stuffed chicken with ground sausage and holladaise). The presentation is quite appealing and it was delicious (but heavy and filling). I was only able to eat half of it (and I'm an eater) and had a second meal out of it (so it was worth the $20 price).

Had a great experience at Delta Grill and hope to return the next time I'm in New York.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Delta Grill is the closest thing to the Big Easy that I've found! Anything I've ever ordered has been fantastic. Must tries are their Gumbo, Jambalya, and of course - the Hurricane. The Delta Grill totally captures the vibe of NO.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Based on the recommendation of the bartender at The Rum House (Edison Hotel) we made our way to Hell's Kitchen and found The Delta Grill. Great Naw Lins food and great service !

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We tried to make a reservation, but at telephone, they told us that they didn't take reservations and that it wont be that busy. Finally we went to the restaurant, but when I asked the waitress about the reservation she told us that they take only reservations for parties of 3 or more! After our order, we were drinking our wine, before the food was served, when the manager appeared. I asked him why they discriminate couples, he started a discussion and told us that this was policy. We told him that it was pure discrimination but tjat was to much for him, and he took our drinks and table away, and told us to leave the restaurant because he refused us to serve anything. AEYuprofessional reaction and very un American. We are used to be served polite and friendly, but this is a very bad advertising; not only for the restaurant, but it also refelct onto the city and it' image.