“New Orleans or N'Awlins in New York”
Review of The Delta Grill - CLOSED

The Delta Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York, NY
“New Orleans or N'Awlins in New York”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The best gumbo and mufallatta that you can get outside of the Big Easy. The vibe is very casual and their location convenient to the theatre district. Prices are comfortable.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Please don't come...”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Everything was bad... Payed over 200$ for 4 people... NOT worth it... The waitress was not nice; everything ent bad! Have no clue how this is so well rated!

1 Thank BernardoSousa
Oceano, California
“Good Food, Casual Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We recently had a small company dinner and wanted casual atmosphere yet good food was a must. The Delta Grill turned out to be an excellent place for our event. The food is good, everyone enjoyed their selections, and we opted for some extra dishes just to give them a try. We all left happy and talking about 'the next time' we get back to the city and going to the Delta Grill. Don't judge based on appearance, it really is casual and has a slight worn look to the place, but it adds to the experience. Give it a try if you like Cajiun food.

1 Thank HopkinsL
Asheville, North Carolina
“Better than first impressions”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had some doubts when we walked in but the weather was cold and we didn't want to walk far from out hotel.

The wife had a seafood gumgo and a veggie wrap (I thought $17 for a veggie wrap a bit much) but she said it was tasty.

I had the BBQ Filet which was really, really good (and for $34 it should be). It was cooked exactly right and the potatoes were quite good.

As they did not have my Yingling the lady suggested a amber draft which went quite well with the meal.

I think this place is worth a try and I would return again soon.

New Haven, Connecticut
“Not the Usual”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Better than going for a hamburger or a deli sandwich by a long shot.

Atmosphere: Very authentic with Blues & Cajun music in the background not overbearing not your average everyday music but a mix, this isn't a typical cutesy chain (not a chain!) tourist attraction and there are business types who do eat there, but it does have an artsy feel. Because it's not cutesy it's probably better for adults, yet it certainly does not contain 'adult' imagery to deter you from bringing children. They do have music some nights, and I have not been able to attend in the evenings, but I would if I could.

Food: a delicate touch with roux, sauces, spices and every detail. They do have beer, dark beer and a bar.

Service: always mindful and not cocky, just perfect.

I've eaten here 3 times with a relative of mine and every one was full of pleasure. I will return as often as I can.

• Visited October 2012