“Great Creole Food”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We often go into Manhattan to see a Broadway show and are always looking for someplace different to eat.
Delta Grill was a great find as we wandered up 9th Ave to decide where to eat. The food was wonderful. I had an oyster po'boy & my husband has the half oyster- half shrimp po'boy, as well as the special soup of the day. The soup was excellent with just enough heat. The oysters were well cooked, but not dried out. The sweet potato fried were the best we ever had.
The staff was friendly, & knowledgeable, the food came out of the kitchen hot, the way we like it.
This restaurant in on the corner of 48th Street & 9th Ave.
I heartily recommend this for something different, but well worth the price, although it wasn't pricey.

There are newer reviews for The Delta Grill

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Staff seems like they don't care. Food is OK. Good selection. Staff could not answer the basic questions about menu items. Food was just OK. In This area, there are alot of other options.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good food. Large portions. A bit expensive for Ninth Ave. eatery. On one hand it eas great they didn't rush us to turn the table. On the other hand we needed to chase someone down to pay our bill.

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I had the popcorn crawfish po boy. Yum! Fresh tomato, lettuce and a kosher pickle served with a spicy thousand island dressing. Sweet potao fries were good.
Too full to eat the chicken gumbo but my husband enjoyed it.

Staying close by so the waiter gave us a recommendation for other lunch and dinner spots in the area. Helpful server!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Like other reviewers, I didn't feel the love from the waitress but the food compensated. I had to go the alligator sausages which was good like the gumbo. The pricing was reasonable and quantity rather large.