“Great for a large group!”
Review of Marseille

Marseille
Reserve with OpenTable
Marseille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 44th Street
Transit: A,C,E,B,D,F,N,R to 42nd Street
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We found this restaurant based on recommendations, and that there were 9 of us on a Saturday early evening and this restaurant was able to accommodate us with a couple weeks' notice (whereas many others in the theater district area were not). The ambiance is the real star of the show here -- very classic, very European. The food was good too, though not exceptional. I very much enjoyed my duck. Others had the steak frites and liked that, and had risotto options. Good beer list. Great location, and decent prices for that location.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Delicious food in a vibrant locale.
I have returned a few times with business colleagues and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stumbled in by chance after our first choice proved too busy. Boy were we lucky that evening. This is a great noisy, busy French style brasserie on Ninth Ave., a great restaurant venue in Manhattan. The room is quite authentic. I felt like I could have been in Paris, but for the prevailing English chatter. The staff was helpful, fun and prompt. We had two appetizers. My friend had a great burger and I had the Tuscan chicken. We sat in a booth and could see the var and almost the whole room.

I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. I'm coming back!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I invited a friend for dinner who chose this restaurant on 44th and 9th Avenue in Hell's Kitchen (a relatively new restaurant and entertainment area of Manhattan). A very busy restaurant on a week day, we were fortunate to get a table as soon as we arrived. We were sat originally along the glass wall with me sitting in the most uncomfortable low bench I ever sat in any restaurant for a long while! We asked and were moved to the middle of the restaurant.With the decor of a french bistro, we had difficulty hearing each other as the restaurant was full with plenty of noise.The menu featured mainly french cuisine with the main courses above USD 20 per item. I chose the chicken that I did not find special- served in a juice with a few roast potatoes. We had each a glass of Bordeaux red house wine which was served in a small pichet.My friend's salmon looked a better choice for the main course. The desert of a cafe mousse was average. The olive bread served hot with butter and olive oil was the higlight of the meal for me. An expensive and definitely not upscale french bistrot!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Upscale French themed bistro in the heart of the NY Theater District. A busy restaurant on 9th Ave. The Steak and Fries dinner was excellent, service and ambiance was great. If your are in NY you must stop here for a unique NY experience. The price is high but typical of an upscale NY restaurant...the dining experience is worth it.