“Great lil Cuban shop - amazing coffee!!!!!!”
Review of Margon

Margon
Ranked #1,045 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

A place for locals that welcomes polite tourists. Stayed at muse hotel next door and had very strong cafe con leche here every morning. So so hood!!!!
Tried Cuban sandwich... Good too.

There are newer reviews for Margon

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Close to Times Sqaure, but this hidden gem was only filled with locals. Excellent Cuban food. Good prices. Place fills up so grab a seat quickly!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

South East Asians will recognise the restaurant as a 'Mamak' equivalent. Doesn't look like much but the food was gloriously amazing! This being our first Cuban food experience, we really didn't know what to get and I guess it showed on our faces because we were offered bites of free samples from various dishes from the very chilled and friendly staff there and they all tasted amazing that we got even more confused! Finally we settled on chicken and bone marrow dishes. So good and so inexpensive!

1  Thank hw3itan
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was taken to here for lunch on Tuesday by a friend that is in the know. Him being of central American descent makes him highly qualified to judge this cuisine.

The restaurant / cafe / eatery was full to the rafters and you have to be prepared to share a table with strangers.

He asked me what I wanted and I told him to choose. That was the perfect decision.

We had:

Roast Chicken (the best roast chicken that I have ever eaten in my life. Unbelievably tender and juicy)
Rice and black beans
Plantain
Fried Chicken Chunks
A bottle of beer and a can of coconut soda.

The portions are huge and first I was intimidated by the amount of food but then it tasted so good that we cleared our plates down.

The whole thing came to less than $30.

If you are going to NYC and you want to eat some good food for lunch then this is the place. Dress up or dress down. Who cares.

All in all I rate this as my favorite place to eat.

2  Thank Joe K
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Went to eat dinner at Margon's on December 27th. Need to remember that it closes at 5:00 pm. Went with the family to lunch on the 28th. The cuban sandwiches were excellent. The steak sandwich was outstanding. The staff was very friendly and I can't wait to return to try something besides a sandwich.

1  Thank RabyFamily