“Dont Go if you can afford something even a little Better”
Review of Sofia's Restaurant - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Rockefeller Plaza & 6th Avenue
Transit: D F M N B V
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The only Reason i went there was becouse i stayed at the Edison Hotel and I was Short on Time so i said to myself I'll Try it even tho it did not look too inviting from outside. It was not Inviting from the inside also. The Food was average or below. The service was probably the worse i encoutered everywhere and i visited most countries in Europe during the last few years. And They Have The Nerve To Decide The amount of the Tip in The Bill (Probably becouse nobody would leave any). In Short The only Dissapointement i had in the USA

1  Thank Fredi T

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is the worst restaurant in Manhattan! Overpriced, poor service, below par food. Visited the restaurant years ago when it was a jewel so when I returned to the city for a visit recently I thought it would be a nice place for my family. Was I wrong. The waiter was visited our table only three times-once to take our order, then to bring us our drinks after 30 minutes and then to collect a payment. Another server brought us water water and cold bread for starters and when we didn't get our original drink order I complained to the manager. He was rude, told me to sit down and that he would address our concerns we he had a moment, and unconcerned. The salads that we ordered were wilted and brown. The antipasto appetizer was from a can. The chicken and pasta entree was dry and served with two small new potatoes. Overall it was the worst meal we had while on vacation. Wish we had read the reviews before going back.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

So we went into this restaurant bc we were staying at the hotel attached to it. My daughter,5, had a long day and wanted a slice of pizza. The hotel owns a pizza stand so we brought in a slice. The manager walks by picks them out of the box with his bare hands places on a plate with the most disgusting looks. Then says "you should have asked me if this was ok." I was so shocked I was speechless. She looks over to my friend and says "does she even speak English?" I said "I have a doctorate" in Engish by the way. He was so rude. We walked out. I have never had such bad service. We had a salad while waiting and it was drenched in salad dressing. The place had cob webs in the ceiling. Yuk, filthy disgusting. They should be shut down.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited Sofia to catch up on family news so was pleased that the noise level for an early Sunday supper permitted conversation. Orders varied from pasta to full platters - everyone was pleased that the food was of a higher standard (for the price) than on previous visits. Desserts got a definite B+. Service had improved to "0kay".

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sofia, is a great restaurant to go pre theatre. Centrally located, very good down home italian and great service. Big surprise is jazz during dinner in the bar area. Not the greatest meal you will ever have but tasty, relatively reasonable for Ny and convenient. Lots of energy!!!