“Excellent food and service”
Review of Triomphe

Triomphe
Reserve with OpenTable
Triomphe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,513 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, European, French, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues.
Transit: B,D,M,F at 42nd Street, Bryant Park. Q,N,R,1,2,3,7 at 42nd Street, Times Square. 4,5,6,7,Metro North at 42nd Street, Grand Central
Description: Gracious service and elegant cuisine dominate at this highly acclaimed "Jewel Box" of a restaurant. Whether for pre- or post-theater, lunch, or an intimate dinner, Triomphe is sure to strike just the right note. For seasonal French-American cuisine with an international flair, Triomphe triumphs.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Hotel restaurants rarely reach the standard of Triomphe. Our meal was outstanding, the service excellent. It is well located in the theatre district and caters to those needing a quick meal. But don't think fast food, think excellent food, served in a timely fashion. The bison carpaccio was amazing!

1  Thank patwebster
Florian W, Executive Chef at Triomphe, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Pat,
Thank you so much for the review of your meal with us. I am glad you enjoyed it very much. The Bison Carpaccio is also one of my favorite!
Hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Triomphe

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Triomphe turned out to be exactly the right choice for us on a recent trip to NYC. I was actually worried the menu might not offer enough choices and, from the pictures online, the decor might not be interesting enough--I mean this is NYC after all. Wrong on both counts. My wife was a bit put out by the rush to get out of town, so the quiet sophistication of Triomphe was perfect for her. The bar room is cozy and intimate, as is the dining room and the bartender was attentive and personable, as was our waitress. As for food and wine, my wife's Arctic Char was excellent and my roquefort-stuffed fillet mignon (a cut I rarely order) was great. The by-the-glass wine selection offered enough quality choices to accompany any of the entrees. All in all, a very, very nice dining experience.

I should comment on my only "average" rating (on the value scale). I thought the prices were fair--neither exorbitant nor inexplicably low--for a restaurant of that quality in Midtown Manhattan and thus, since we got exactly what we paid for, I rated it as I did.

1  Thank amigodecr

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you found a little bit of calm and tranquility along with good food and hospitality while dining with us. We hope to see you again at Triomphe.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were staying at the Iroquois Hotel. Triomphe is located in the hotel. We have enjoyed this restaurant each time that we have eaten there when we visit New York City. There menus are fantastic and the food is wonderful. Something for everyone's tastes. We had dinner before going to the theater.

1  Thank Ernest O
Florian W, Executive Chef at Triomphe, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Ernest, Thank you very much for your review of Triomphe. I am glad you enjoyed your dinner with us. We hope to see you in New York City again soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Went pre-theatre on a Saturday night. Food was very good; service a bit uneven, decor and noise level were very good. Had the lobster, spouse had the Char. Both rated very good as we're the appetizers and desert. Staff was very pleasant despite us arriving 30 minutes late. Would definitely return.

1  Thank 364VanName

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your meal with us. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

It'a hard to find a restaurant in NY that is not playing loud music and catering to groups of patrons who have no idea about noise levels of conversation.
Triomphe has a charming dining room with tables space just right for quiet conversation. Guests talk in reasonable tones and service is attentive....
Location is perfect for theater, but would go again with no tickets.

2  Thank Irene S

Irene, Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and our dinning room. We look forward to welcoming you again for pre-theater or for a evening dinner to check out our brand new discovery menu!
Bon appetit!