“excelent service and great food”
Review of Triomphe

Triomphe
Reserve with OpenTable
Triomphe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,527 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, European, French, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues.
Transit: B,D,M,F at 42nd Street, Bryant Park. Q,N,R,1,2,3,7 at 42nd Street, Times Square. 4,5,6,7,Metro North at 42nd Street, Grand Central
Description: Gracious service and elegant cuisine dominate at this highly acclaimed "Jewel Box" of a restaurant. Whether for pre or post-theater, lunch, or an intimate dinner, Triomphe is sure to strike just the right note. For seasonal French-American cuisine with an international flair, Triomphe triumphs.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Liked it's small size and nearness to theater district. Trip Advisor wants at least 50 characters but one sentence says it all

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our lunchtime arrival was delayed by post-Hurricane Sandy gridlock, but the restaurant kept the kitchen open just for us. The food is excellent here, the service was attentive, and the place is beautiful. One forgets the hustle and bustle of Midtown once you are seated inside. intend to return here often, particularly with guest from out-of-town.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good food and excellent service in an intimate space, crisp white linens, and restful décor, what else could anyone want? Well, quiet. My wife and I had trouble conversing over a small table. We might have hit on an off night, but if the place is always full (it is tiny) then it is probably always noisy. (The same size space in most European countries would be quieter. We are a noisy people.)
There were lots of servers working as a team rather than being assigned to a table, which makes for better service. Prices are in line with any major city. The Iceberg salad with English peas is as good as people say it is on the Internet. The lobster dumplings had good flavor but were not served hot enough. The entrée portions were very large, and the rack of lamb was just starting to have a strong flavor. It was fine for me, but my wife prefers it a bit younger. My roast duck had a nice crispy skin and was very tender.
The oddest part of the meal was the bread. It was a small loaf of pumpkin bread, and very sweet and crumbly like a breakfast muffin. I wish we would have asked for real bread, but we didn't think of it at the time, and they might not have had any. Bread has many uses, including reaching the last few drops of a delicious sauce, but that wouldn't happen with the pumpkin bread.
Note that the easiest way into the restaurant is through the Iroquois Hotel, not the door on the street. The coat check and the bathrooms are located in the hotel. Also note that the hotel is next door to the famous Algonquin Hotel, of Algonquin Roundtable fame.
The date of our visit was Nov. 3, 2012.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We looked forward to a very good dinner here, but the food was not as good as expected. We love butternut squash soup. Theirs were cubes of squash and apples served with a thin broth spooned over it from a gravy boat-- would have been much better if the squash had been pureed to male a thick, richer woup. My wife has sole meuniere--fish was very thick (for sole) It did have the slivered almonds but was not brtowned. --rather bland and tastyeless overall. I had salmon served on top of mashed potatoes and spinach, with shrimp on top. The salmon was rather dryand the shrimp were served with tails in a thick sauce--messy to eat. .My two small glasses on Pinot noir cost a bundle. Service was pleasant ant attentive.

1  Thank William M
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I met friends for dinner here on a Friday night last month - and ever since then I've been thinking about my next opportunity to visit. The menu is inspired, the wine list currated, the atmosphere is delightful and the staff is chaming. It was fine dinning at it finest - without pretention. I started with the iceberg lettuce salad, with English peas, thyme bacon and blue cheese - wonderful. I then had the braised short ribs - wonderful. I can't tell you what my companions had because I was savoring my meal and enjoying the casual elegance about. Triomphe reminds me of a diamond ring my mother gave me - it's truly spectacular and perfect for every occassion. A True New York Gem.

1  Thank E C