“Best Sushi in New York”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Sushi in New York”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

When I arrived at Sushi Zen alone with no reservation, I was asked if I minded eating at the sushi bar.
I was so glad I said yes.
The sushi chefs were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and polite.
I ordered the Chef's choice or whatever that is called for $80.
It was absolutely the best sushi I ever had. New tastes like monkfish liver were excellent. Live crayfish was brought out and served in two sections. Raw and cooked.
I was still hungry so I asked the chef's to give me some more variety. They impressed me with every piece!
This restaurant is expensive but VERY worth it for the sushi lover.

Visited May 2013

Madrid
“Nice sushi”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very good attention from the sushi men. The personal also good. We did not make reservation where recommended by a friend, and food was fantastic.

• Visited April 2013
Vinstra, Norway
“Nice sushi, but overpriced”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Sushi Zen has a nice, authentic japanese atmosphere, with a polite staff to match it.
The menu was extensive and varied, but the prices were a bit stiff. Especially compared to the taste.
By all means, the taste of the sushi was great, but I went with a friend, and we both agreed we'd had better sushi for much less elsewhere.

Still, it was a good experience, service was good, and we felt like we were in Japan while eating!

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“There are more expensive sushi spots but none better”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

OK, you are in NYC, so you know you are going to pay more for your favorite sushi, but at least you are getting a decent size portion for your NYC prices, good service, fresh fish and a menu that is one of the best this side of the pacific. Lots of variety, lots of new things to try.

Visited March 2013
Bogota, Colombia
“It made us happy”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We sit at the sushi bar and it was such a good experience. Really fresh and high quality fish. It was worth every dollar.